Hey Everyone

retrowizard

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:25 am

Hello to everyone,

Really new to Totally Guitars.com. Not new however to playing guitar. Must have been playing for 16 years. I found out about this place from youtube just looking to play new songs on Guitar. Anyways, I hope to find some lessons.

jayswett

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:57 am

Even though you've been playing for 16 years, you will definitely find something of value here. There are plenty of free lessons, but the good stuff is iin the Target Program. You should consider joining it. Best thing I ever did.

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:30 am

Hey RW!

Welcome. What kind of music do you like/play? What's your guitar of choice?
Looking forward to your contributions!

Al (from Canada)

willem

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:31 am

Hi there!

And welcome from the Netherlands!

Since you've been playing for such a long time, You really should share some of your playing with us (no pressure intended ;) , well a little, lol!)

And Jay is right, this site has also a lót to offer for advanced players, so don't hesistate to try it, you won't be dissapointed! As for me, I"ve been playing the guitar quite some time now and I'm still learning everyday.. :)

What kind of music are you into? What were the songs that brought you to this place?

Greetz'

Vanessa

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi RW Welcome to TG from Chas the Scot in New Zealand.

You'll certainly find what your looking for here, plenty of songs at various levels of difficulty and I'm pretty certain some lessons that will help you out. TARGET is the way to go though so you need to consider that.

regards

Chas

tovo

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi and welcome. I think there is still tremendous value in the program even for people like yourself who have played for years. Listening to the other long-term players they often mention that they have been making the same mistakes for years and Target has given them the opportunity to correct their deficiencies. Regardless of your level you would find a lot of very useful info.

Enjoy.

retrowizard

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:29 am

Thanks everyone,

I understand I have much to benefit. Afterall, we can all learn new things. Never stop learning, for example, I found this place through Youtube from one of the instructors here who has a video of how to play Piano Man by Billy Joel.

By the way to answer some questions I was reading. I like modern rock as well as Classic Rock (eg. Billy Joel, ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Supertramp, Eric Clapton, Crosby Stills and Nash, and the list goes on.) I have a Simon & Patrick guitar which was my First guitar and is still my favourite. But my goal is to get either a Gibson Acoustic or a Dobro Resonator Acoustic guitar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic