New guy on the site

moparman

Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Hi,
New guy here to learn how to play this guitar I bought from my nephew! Hopefully I can make PLEASANT noise with this instrument,and not irritating noise anymore!! LOL! The guitar I bought is a Washburn accoustic/electric model#EA8B If this makes any difference or not I don't know,but I just thought I would let everyone know what instrument I have! Hope to learn a lot of songs and impress my wife with all of the beautiful tunes !

Merry Christmas Everybody!!

GOD bless
Donnie!! :woohoo:

cosmicmechanic

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:06 am

Hi Donnie, welcome. When I inform people about this site I always mention that there's a lot of information available in the free access material.

That kind of approach is what got me into TG way before they had even started selling any type of lesson, whether pay per lesson or the Target program.

So as a very newbie, you can get comfortable with the free stuff. Give yourself a chance and some time. Keep the guitar available so that you can reach out and play it for a couple minutes whenever the mood strikes. You will eventually play it longer than a couple minutes and not by accident.

Oh, by the way, Neil Hogan is a great teacher.

See you around,

Pierre

coomba

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:19 am

G day Donnie and welcome to TG I'm sure you will be playing pleasant tunes before you know it
cheers
Scott

millponddave

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:24 am

Welcome , You've come to the right place. You will be surprised at how much there is here to learn from. Have fun!

Dave

Lavallee

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:28 am

Hi Donnie, welcome from Montreal Canada. If you want to learn, this is the right place. You have access to many lessons which are posted from a teacher's point of view, not a players point of view as with the rest of the internet. You learn how but, mainly, why strumming and fingering is done a certain way, helping with other songs.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:35 am

Welcome and Merry Christmas from Switzerland Donnie!
Chris

neverfoundthetime

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:07 am

Welcome Donnie!

Very glad you've found this site, you will surely learn a lót here and serenade your wife soon enough!

Have fun and feel free to ask or anticipate anything, lots of friendly and willing guitarlovers to help you out!

Greetz' from the Netherlands,

Vanessa

BobR

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:23 am

Hi Donnie,

Welcome to TG. You're sure to learn and enjoy your time here.

Bob

dennisg

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:02 am

Welcome from Seattle, Donnie. Take off your shoes -- you're going to stay awhile.

Chasplaya

Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Welcome to TG Image

Sit back relax and enjoy the TG ride . SO much to learn here and then there's the TARGET programme, 'You can check out but you will never leave'

Chas from New Zealand

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic