new kid on the block

r120506

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi all, Have just joind and teaching myself for the last 2 years I am not very structured at practice but am having fun, will tack any advice to get better.
Russell in aust

haoli25

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Hello, Russel. Glad you decided to join us here at TG. Just take your time and browse around the site, try a few of the FREE lessons, and maybe vote on or add a song or two by clicking the "Recommend A Lesson" tab on your left. You should also check out some of the community groups. I am sure you find something that strikes your fancy. When you are ready, I highly recommend the TARGET program. It is the best online learning system for guitar players at any level. It is one of the best investments you can make in your guitar playing future. If you need any help, just ask.

Bill Image

coomba

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:38 pm

G'day Russell
Welcome to TG
Glad to see you have joined us here at TG You'll find everything here you need to learn and improve.
If I was to give you any advice it would be to Start with Neils Beginner's Genius (you'll find that on the left of this page). even if you know some basics its a good place to start.
Secondly if you enjoy these lessons and are still hungry to learn then jump into the Target side when you can,the shear volume and quality of Neils complete lessons will have you busy for years.
I have no doubt you will have fun here.

Cheers
Scott
from OZ too

Lavallee

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi Russell, welcome from Montreal Canada. I am sure you will find all you need for your guitar journey on the TG site. Don< t forget to visit the forum

Marc

millponddave

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:56 pm

Welcome to TG. You are to find whatever you need to improve your skills here. And don't worry, I don't have any structure to my practice either. I still learn, although probably not as fast as someone with good study habits! Have fun

Dave

AndyT

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi Russell,

A big warm welcome from the Netherlands!

Glad that you've find TG! It's already been said, but you've come to the right place and yep, you should réally consider the Targetprogram, you won't be dissapointed!

However, have fun, learn heaps and feel free to ask questions and to anticipate in the forum, everyone's out there to help each other!

Cheers

Vanessa

michelew

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Russell,

Hi from Sydney. There are quite a few Aussies here so you should feel at home. But, besides being a great place to learn, it's also a great place to meet people from all over the world, share out interest in this instrument of torture and have a laugh. The forum is a good place to hang out to when you're not soaking up all there is on offer in the lessons and other stuff. I find it's a great source of inspiration to do more and do better. A large part of that is the videos that people put up, but it's also the questions and the advice that people ask and give. You'll probably find that the more you participate the more you'll get out of it. So I recommend jumping in boots and all. However you decide to approach this site though, I hope you have a great time doing it and learn heaps.

Where in Aus are you from?

Michele

sws626

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Welcome Russell. Having fun's the essential part. Structure can be learned/imposed or whatever. This site has an almost overwhelming amount of material, so don't hesitate to ask questions on the forum as you try to find the best route through to what you want to learn.

-Stuart

p.s. Did you mean Australia or Austria? You see the Aussies have already laid claim you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic