New Target member here!

rapsidy

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Oh really, you've been in Amsterdam? Wauw, that's my hometown, born and raised there till I was 35 years old, then I moved about four years ago. Did you like it??

You live in Southern California right? Well I've only been to LA many times because my sister used to live there, I just lóved the atmosphere, the space, the hills and especially the sún!

bluesy1 wrote:
I was in your wonderful country many, many years ago, in Amsterdam. :)

Lavallee

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi Diane, welcome to TG from Montreal Canada. Glad you found us and I am sure you will have a great time learning ( and relearning sometimes) from the best teacher. Hope to read you in the forum.

Marc

lmc831

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi Diane,

Welcome to TG. You will lovveee this guitar site! So, much of good stuff and great lessons. Neil is a great guitar instructor and the community here are a bunch of supportive and nice folks. Enjoy your journey!

Lisa

sbutler

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Diane,

A cool and windy hello from the Great White North ( Right now its blowing 75mph here in Palmer Alaska).

By now you've seen the type of folks you've jumped in with. Pretty good lot if you ask me.

And also by now, you've seen the large menu on the left side of the page, that gives you a whole lot of every thing. You had mentioned wondering where to start, well within the Acoustic Genius Series is more theory than you can digest in a month. Every once in a while, when my fingers hurt from playing too much, I go to that section and learn just how much I didn't know.

So Diane, welcome aboard. Jump in feet first. I promise there will be someone here to keep you from hitting the bottom.

Scott

beaker

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Diane, It sounds like TG is going to be perfect for you, judging by the things that you like to play. Have fun with it and get ready to start learning and improving a lot! Have fun with it. Beaker.

wammer

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi Diane

We sure could use a little more female influence around here......As the others have said you have come to the right place....Hope to see you around the forum....

Welcome from Ontario Canada....
Tammy

haoli25

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:06 pm

wammer wrote:

We sure could use a little more female influence around here......

Are we not "girl-friendly" here, Tammy? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Diane. Glad you decided to join us here. Be sure to check out the 'Acoustic Genius Series' it is the best of the best of the best. You will learn a lot from it. As others have said, if you get stuck or if you have a question, just ask.

Bill Image

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Welcome from Switzerland Diana! Looks like you'll fit right in here. I hope you join our resident girl's band Suzi and the Band shes, they are wild and wonderful!
Best place to start... well just scan the list of TARGET lessons and choose the 5 you simply MUST learn right now, give up your day job and use your spare time checking the thread on recording and video ing... you will have a ball ma'm!
Chris

willem

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:48 pm

Hello Diana(sounds a lot to dutch,,well when i speak it out in duch)welcome from the Netherlands where the sun is behind the clouthes,well most of the time,but here we find all the sunshine we need and get burned,,this is such a great site and all you put in you get back,,hope you find quickly your way around here,,don't be a stranger at the forum,,everybody wants to help and are very friendly,,when you have upload a video(so easy) for the first time then,yeah then,then you'r hooked,the thing that is now most on are the busking threads,but i think you saw some,,really fun,,maybe you can choose one of those songs(artist songs from the busking threads) to begin with,,wish you the best on your relearning yourney,,this is the best place.

ps Let's say you choose 1-2-3-or 5 songs you want to relearn and practice number one the most and the others so now and then or parts of it,,if you know the first well enough you can skip that and add a new one to your list and then the second becomes your first and so on and so on.. but ,,the fun will do it..

Willem

tombo1230

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi Diana,
and welcome from Scotland. You are very fortunate, because you have found the best guitar tuition site on the net.

As well as the multitude and ever growing song library that is here, be sure to look at the acoustic genius series and there are loads of little features on Luthiery and Fly on the wall lessons and lots more.

Enjoy the site.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic