Hello and a question

bish22

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:43 am

Hey Everyone,

I'm dave and I've been playing off and on for a long time. Mostly off, until about 6 months ago. I had a Fat Strat and tried to find out what kind of music I wanted to play. Turns out i like to finger pick. I sold my Strat and bought a Martin DK1AE.

Has anyone gotten the Stairway to Heaven lesson? I'm wondering how far Neil takes it, in other words how does he end it. Does he show us how to play the lead or just keep strumming util the lyrics come back?

any information on that lesson would be appreciated.

Thanks,
dave

tovo

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:15 am

Hi Dave. Neil doesn't teach the lead in this lesson, but what he does teach is killer and worth getting the lesson, no doubt in my mind. He leaves out the electric guitar part. Hope that helps.

willem

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 am

Stairway to heaven is a great lesson here, and a view members have upload there progres and everytime i heard it i
thought what a great instrumental does i need lyric's,,hope you understand me,,,i's a great fingerpickin and on a certain time a bit strumming,,really,,really a great song for your Martin...

boldent

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:09 am

Hi Dave,

Welcome to TG and the Forum!

Just to make sure I did check out the lesson just now, and it's true Neil doesn't teach the guitar-solo, however the solo ís written out in the tab. Do you have GP? Then you could listen to it all the way and see where you need to play those notes, it's really cool!

So in the lesson itself there is the overall acoustic guitarpart wich is the main part of the song..hope that helps..

Anyway, welcome again and I hope you will consider Target, cause it's not just Stairway to Heaven in there, enough stuff to keep you busy for ;) years!

Cheers

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic