Howdy from Texas

AndyT

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:03 am

I'm 50 and have been playing guitar on and off since I was about 13. I'm not all that great but I like Travis picking songs by guys like Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle, John Prine, etc. I'm a product of 70's rock & roll, so I like all of that too. I've pretty much plateaued in my learning and want to jump start it again. I'm pretty clumbsy with a pick and would like to get better flat picking as well. I play a Martin DR.

michelew

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:31 am

Hi Bluesky, a big warm welcome from the Netherlands!

What can I say, you've definitely come to the right place, lots and lots of stuff to learn over here wich is all taught by an amazing teacher!

I'm sure you will find songs that you like as well. Feel free to also jump into the forum, lots of guitarlovers over there and you will find a real encouraging and a 'helping each other out' spirt. You can even upload videos of your playing, but whatever you like of course..

Anyway, welcome and have fun!

Cheers

Vanessa

bluesky0924 wrote:
I'm 50 and have been playing guitar on and off since I was about 13. I'm not all that great but I like Travis picking songs by guys like Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle, John Prine, etc. I'm a product of 70's rock & roll, so I like all of that too. I've pretty much plateaued in my learning and want to jump start it again. I'm pretty clumbsy with a pick and would like to get better flat picking as well. I play a Martin DR.

willem

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:48 am

Hello,,welcome from the Netherlans as well,,i see Vanessa has welcome you too,,well be ready to meet her real!!!

This is the best place to get your guitar skills out your closet again and be suprised when Neil tells all the secrets..

Willem,,,not the orange one..

schm040

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:50 am

Bluesky,

I know what you mean about flatpicking. I can definitely say that Neil and the Target Program have helped me a great deal with using a pick. Best of luck.

Matt

BobR

Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi Bluesky ,

You've come to the right place to improve on your skills.

Welcome from Massachusetts

Bob

donagh

Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:53 pm

:laugh: HOWDY, or as we Say in Northern Ireland BOUTYE?
Welcome to the site I hope you have as much enjoyment from it as I do. Only problem with it is the abundance of quality lessons Niel puts out. I am distracted trying to choose one to focus on.
Keep on Plucking Martin
p.s. another 50+ player who wants to get better.

stratman3

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 am

You will love this web site, so much to learn, you will be a kid in a candy store.

Have fun, from a fellow Texan.

Gary B)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:07 am

Welcome from a sunny Switzerland Bluesky.... hope you have a ball here, progress is guaranteed so have fun!

scotta

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:30 am

Hey Bluesky! Welcome to Target from Mississippi! Whatever part of your guitar playing you want to improve, Neil will help you get it done. The guys at Tg have put out an incredible amount of content: song lessons, technique, theory and much more. Dive in and enjoy!

Check out the forums also. Many friendly people who are more than happy to help with any questions you may have.

Enjoy!

Scott

Lavallee

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:38 am

Hi Bluesky, welcome top Tg from Montreal Canada. You sure have the right place to help improving your skills. Looking forweard to read you in the forum

MArc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic