Hoping to get Neil to add melody lessons to some of his previous lessons.

suziko

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 am

You can do a search for Field of Dreams Guitar Pro and see if anything comes up. I think sometimes you can view the tab without owning Guitar Pro, to see if it's what you want, although I'm not sure the melody line is always included with that. Or maybe you could find the song in a book of tab at your guitar store? Something for the piano should have the melody line. Or if you work out some of it, you might be able to ask help from other Target members to help you fine tune the parts you are unsure about.

thereshopeyet

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks

willem

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:38 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Playing the chord solo and melody interests me very much too.

I tried Hey Jude and Let It Be, in wich Neil teaches his approach to this style.

I also had a brief look at the Chord Solo Series, which I have not seen taught on any other site.. amazing.
When I go back to it I will be more thorough.

At that time I found it difficult and even now feel much the same because
I have other basics to learn first.

I do know that one of the most important aspects of this style, is to know the melody without having to think about it.
Another other I think is focused picking and strumming.... theres a lot going on,

I too would like to see other lessons which have great melody, worked through as Neil puts it together.

I also appreciate that the main goal is to just play and I think,
once the main concepts are understood, and afer much practice...automation comes with muscle memory.
The key being practicing something you understand.

Playing what you hear, is something I would also really like to do,
I think that is part of what Neil does, plays waht he's hearing internally.

I have tried listening to intervals and all sorts of ear training methods, but I just don't click to it.

This is why I think music is so important in education.... it teaches us to listen....
so that doesn't say much for me, eh?

It's getting to the Ah ha moment, once there, it's forward bound.

Cheers

TheresHopeYet
Dermot,,try it with a song that you really,really know very well,,lets say the song you sing everyday,,then when you only play the chord progression you can hear the melody when you think on it...

thereshopeyet

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic