Another one!

neuz

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Why hello there. I'm Albin. I'm 14 years old and I'm from Sweden. I started playing guitar about..3 weeks ago. I'm trying to learn things over the internet and so far it's going great. I'm playing the acoustic guitar but I'm planning on getting an electric one too once I get better. I have quite a wide music interest but I mainly listen to punk. I've always wanted to play guitar, but never really got to it. But now, I decided to buy me a guitar and actually start playing. So, hta's me basically. Yep :D

lueders

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:13 pm

Welcome, neuz. This is a great site for learning the guitar. Neil is an exceptional teacher. And, there are lots of good positive folks in the forum. Loads of great lessons... Nice to make your acquaintance.

Cori

Illinois, U.S.A>

AndyT

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:57 pm

A big welcome from the Netherlands Albin!

Great to hear that you decided the learn how to play the guitar and actually you have come to the exact right place, I'm sure you will have fun, feel free to ask questions over here and anticipate or even post a video of you playing!

All the best on your guitarjourney!

Cheers

Vanessa

ceaser67

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Albin,
Welcome to TG,as the others will tell you,you have certainly started at the right place,just take youre guitar playing nice and slow,
glad to have you on board

Youre Knew scottish friend
Tommy

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Welcome from Switzerland Albin!
Great to hear you are starting out on your guitar playing career.
I reckon that Neil is a secret Punk player when we are all tucked away in bed so let's see if you can get some songs with a real attitude out of him!
Congratulations on your English... it's excellent!
Have fun
Chris

Hydroman52

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:35 am

Hello Albin,

Glad you chose the guitar and this site. I can relate to you, because I started playing at about your age. Punk was in it's infancy then, and I wasn't a huge fan of all the music, but there are certain songs by The Clash, Iggy Pop, Patti Smith, and others that I liked back then and enjoy even more (can you believe that?) today. One thing that I have learned on this musical journey is that anything you learn from one type of music is transferable to other types of music. I'm not sure how many punk lessons are on this site, but you will find everything you need here to get you started rolling down that road. Enjoy your journey!

Hydroman52
Wisconsin, USA

PS If you nominate the song Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash in the Recommend Lesson area, I will vote for it. I think that the way the tempo changes mid song would make it a worthy addition . . . . just a thought.

beaker

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey Albin, Great to see you on here learning guitar. It is really great that you are starting at age 14! I started at 13 and to be honest, a lot of what I learned back then I still remember, and it is the best age to develop muscular co-ordination of your fingers and hands, the stuff you do now will stick with you for life. Follow Neil's advice closely and you will be alright. I hope you end up with a true passion for guitar. Beaker.

Are you listening to The Clash and the Sex Pistols?

neuz

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Yeah I listen to them! Especially The Clash. My dad sort of introduced me to them, when I was about 7 or 8 years old.

And @Hydroman52 You can recommend songs? How do I do that?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic