Hi There

geordie_ben

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi there, I'm Ben from Newcastle England, I'm a music student and play quite a few instruments, but am keen to improve my fingerpicking. This seems like a great place to start!

tovo

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi Ben from Adelaide, Australia. Plenty of fingerpicking tunes in Target to take on and plenty of people here to help. What other instruments do you play?

Welcome aboard and enjoy!

wadestar

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Hey Ben,

Welcome from the Netherlands!

You're so very right, this is a gréat place to start, like Tony already mentioned, plenty enough stuff in here to keep you occupied for qúite some time!

I'm curious as well, what other instruments do you play?

Anyway, have fun around here, feel free to join the forum with questions or comments or even post a video of your playing!

Cheers

Vanessa

michelew

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Ben,

Hi from Sydney.

I love fingerpicking and here are some great lessons on the technique and specific songs in the TG song library.

I think you'll love it here.

I'm looking forward to learning more about you.

Michele

Chasplaya

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:13 pm

HI Ben Image from Chas in New Zealand although originally a little bit North of the border from you. God I miss Newcastle Brown Exhibition Ale. Good to have a Geordie amongst us, I don't know of any The Toon supporters here yet.

Good call joining us here this is fast becoming the number one place to learn, all you ever need is here and then some.

Don't be stranger to the Forum a lot happens here.

regards

Chas

RicksPick

Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi Ben
Welcome to TG

RicksPick

Lincoln UK

Music Junkie

Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Hey Ben! Welcome from Southern California. Like Tony, I am interested in what instruments you play. Also, what sort of music do you like? Lots of fingerpicking songs to choose from here, so you are heading in the right direction..... :)

J

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi Ben from Switzerland! Looking forward to hearing some finger picking from you in a Geordie accent! ;-)
Enjoy your time here.
Chris

millponddave

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Ben, This is the right place for you. Neil is the finger-picking guru. Have fun.

Dave

BigBear

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:25 am

Ben- Big welcome to TG from Portland, Oregon in the Colonies. We're glad to have you with us!

I've been to Newcastle (upon Tyne?) on my way to Scotland. I remember some really beautiful bridges (I'm a civil engineer so things like bridges catch my eye! lol!). Starkly beautiful country.

I hope you enjoy this site and it helps you on your musical journey! This is a great place with really great people so jump in and participate! But most of all, have fun!

Happy playin' and cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic