Could someone help me with "Pancho and Lefty"?

Yamaha48

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Oops............

dekotaj

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 am

jayswett wrote:
I would love to help you. Your best bet is to post a short video of yourself playing the intro and verse. Neil may comment himself, but at the very least you will get several fellow students giving helpful comments.

Jay

I found your uploaded video of "P&L" and truly enjoyed it.

Is that arrangement yours or is it available for purchase?

Since I am very new here, I don't know what a person may ask for without crossing the line?

Sam

By the way: I ain't proud! I'll take help from anyone!

jayswett

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Available for purchase? That's a laugh. I think I'm flattered by the question, though. Not sure.

I can't really remember what I did with the arrangement, but I do recall that I just followed Neil's instructions with regard to making things up, more or less, as I went. I added some notes here and there and it came out OK. As Stuart mentioned, you could just use the Landslide/Dust in the Wind pattern all the way through and it would sound just fine. I had never heard of the song before Neil's lesson appeared, and I loved it immediately.

skaladar

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 am

Jay

"Available for purchase? That's a laugh." OK, Mate! If I can't give you a compliment, I'll settle for giving you a laugh.

I have spent a few hours on "Dust" and I can actually play the intro, albeit slower than it should be played. The intro to "Landslide" is really quite simple and I picked it up easily.

My paid membership to TG expires on Saturday, so I'll say thanks and spend my time studying. I'm easily addicted to forums. They're worse than booze for me!

Vanessa........

You answered my question directly and in a way a "Totally Novice" could understand. Thanks for that. Perhaps I can incorporate that series with "Dust" and "Landslide" and what I can pick out of Jay's excellent rendition and make something for the cat man!

Sam

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic