A quick introduction and hello

kpenhorwood

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Hello, my name is Kevin and I wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the Target program and am enjoying the site immensly. I am from central Ohio and have been playing guitar on and off since about 1991 or so. I have never been that serious and until just recently did not even have a guitar for about the last 10 years until a friend of mine sold me his old Yamaha. I enjoyed playing it so much I went out and bought my first really nice guitar and have been playing almost every day for about the last 2 month. I stumbled onto this site and just love the fact that I can get good instruction without having to drive to a lesson. I live out in the country and there are no teacher close. Anyway, hello everyone and I am sure you will see me on here quite a bit in the future.

haoli25

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Hello and welcome, Kevin. I'm glad you decided to join us here at TG. By joinging the TARGET program, you have already taken the first step to a long and happy guitar playing experience. I am almost two years into the TARGET program and I have barely scratched the surface of all of the material that is available...and its always growing! Neil's lessons are, by far, the best on the internet and you will find a lot of friendly, helpful members here to help you if have a question. Your questions and opinions are always welcome here.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:03 am

Hi Kevin, welcome from Montreal Canada. You have material here to keep you busy for the next 5 years. It will be great to read you in the forum

Marc

wrsomers

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:11 am

Hi Kevin,

Welcome from the Netherlands!

So great that you found the site, you will love it, but I guess you already do! ;)

Anyway, have fun, join the forum if you can, it has a very supportive bunch of guitarlovers. And don't forget to consider to post a video of your playing!

Cheers

Vanessa

cosmicmechanic

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:54 am

Hi Kevin,

Sometimes a first impression is quite right, isn't it ? Rest assured that you will remain glad that you signed on.
With the lessons available here, you can't help but make serious progress in your playing.
And you already are playing every day ? That sure won't change soon.

See you around.

Pierre (from Montreal, Canada)

BobR

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:34 am

Hi Kevin,

You'll enjoy all your time here I'm sure. But remember to set aside practice time :laugh: :laugh:

Bob

from MA.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:14 am

Greetings from Switzerland Kevin and welcome to TARGET, great to have you on board and look froward to sharing things with you.
Chris

tovo

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Kevin welcome from Australia. Great intro and I absolutely agree with you, the lessons here are as good if not better than an in-person instructor. Certainly several people have here have made massive improvement using TG only. Hope you continue to enjoy.

kpenhorwood

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It is nice to have a supportive place to learn and correspond with individuals who have the same interest.

Thanks again.

Kevin

sbutler

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Kevin,

Hey from sunny and tropical Alaska. Well part of that is right. It is sunny.

Jump on in, the lessons are fine. Be sure to really take a look around the sight and familiarize yourself with everything available too you. But if you don't find what your looking for, it only takes two strokes of a fast pick and you'll get more than enough help from all around the world.

The folks here are the best ever.

Welcome aboard.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic