Beginner in guitar...

kelseyella

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:38 am

As like all the other members of the forum I love music. I started listening to music only as a hobby, but then the strings of guitar attracted me a lot that I developed a strong passion towards learning guitar. Now I had just began to learn on the basics of guitar!!

tovo

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:43 am

hey welcome aboard. Where are you from? You have come to the right place. I suggest you look at signing up for the Target program and your learning will take off.

Welcome again.

tombo1230

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:43 am

Welcome to TG. You will love it here. As Tovo says, the Target lessons are the business. Takes you from beginner to advanced. Neils lessons are crammed full of great learning. Enjoy!

Tom N.

MarkM

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:37 am

Welcome from NH. As others have said this is the place to be. If you can, I would suggest becoming a target member so that you can get access to all of the lessons that will help in your desire to become a better guitar player. Apart from all the songs, Neil has some very basic/fundementals lessons.

MarkM

sws626

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:34 am

Welcome! You've got a fantastic journey ahead of you. Glad you could join us to share it with you.

-Stuart

Music Junkie

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi there!

Welcome from the Netherlands and great to have you aboard!

I'm sure that you'll love it over here, so enjoy and good luck! :)

Vanessa

millponddave

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Welcome. You will love this place. Have fun.

Dave

kelseyella

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:21 am

Thanks all!! free video lessons of guitar is really helpful for a begginer like me.. target program seems to be really amazing. Hope i have a long way to go..

BigBear

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Welcome to the guitar and Totally Guitars. All my fellow guitarists have discussed how amazing the TARGET program is so I won't go there. But I did want to mention that as a beginner you have an amazing opportunity before you.

You WILL be frustrated, befuddled and confused as you try to learn this instrument. As a result, many beginners just give up. "It's too hard..." Well, learning any musical instrument is hard and it should be. It's what makes playing it special.

But you now have access to hundreds of fellow guitarists who have all gone thru the exact challenges you will face. We've all had sore fingers until our calluses built up. We've all said we could never play a clean open F chord or latter on an F barre chord. We've all wondered if we had some mental defect because it took weeks to master a favorite song.

So your challenge is learn every bit of free stuff available here. Then join TARGET if you really want to become a guitar player and not just a "chord banger". And all the while use this forum for help. Everyone helps everyone on the forum and they all do it joyfully. Because we've all been there and didn't have a resource like this one!

Again, welcome to TG and don't be a stranger!!

Happy playin' and good luck!! :cheer:

sws626

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:40 pm

In addition to welcoming you, I just wanted to thank Neil on your behalf for making the "Beginner's Genius" series freely available. What a great gesture that is. You should definitely take advantage of it.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic