Absolute beginner

tombo1230

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:45 am

Hi Chaslan 45, I would say that the theory will make you a better player, but you have to become a player at the same time as learning the theory. Make sure you are picking up your guitar most days. With your chord changing take it slowly and develop the motor pathways between your brain and fingers. You have to slow down to speed up, as my old guitar teacher used to say.

As for your pinky, I read a while ago about a guitar player who had only three fingers on his fretting hand and could play very well, so I guess where there is a will there is a way! :)

Tom N.

sws626

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:57 am

Hi Chas,

Welcome to the journey! That's a nice guitar you picked up and you're in good company here. You'll be learning at least two quite different sorts of things along the way -- both of which are a big part immersing yourself in the music. One is figuring out how everything fits together (scales, keys, chords, etc) and the other is how you physically relate to the instrument to wrestle some music out of it. There's a lot of fun to be had at any level and as long as you are in the game you'll be learning. Be prepared for ups and downs. We all have them. But know that as long as you continue to play and have fun doing it, you will be learning.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic