Newbie Here

danam71

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. The very first instrument that I learned how to play
was the piano. Later on I learned how to play the electric keyboard. And now I am ready to take on the challenge of
learning how too play the guitar. I can't wait to get started. :)

sbutler

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Welcome abord. I see your in Sedalia. We'll although I'm in South Central Alaska now (for the last 11years), home is KCK. My Mother is in Stockton, and a sister in Independance. I actually worked at the Pittsburg Corning glass plant there in your town many years ago. Its kinda fun to see someone so close to home.

Again, welcome. If you love music and really want to learn how to play it on a guitar, Neil is the guy and this is the place to get all that from. If you watch the forum, you'' quickly learn that this is a world wide community here at TG and everyone will help you in any way that you need. So just ask if you have anything to ask.

Otherwise, have a great time learning.

Scott

ffsooo3

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi there!

Welcome from the Netherlands! :)

Well Scott has already said so, this is really the place to be for learning how to play the guitar, so I want to wish you good luck on your new challenge!

So for how long have you been playing the piano?

Cheers

Vanessa

michelew

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi forom Sydney,

Everything you need to learn the guitar is right here at TG. Well except the guitar, music stand, metronome, a place to play... Virtually, everything you need to learn how to play guitar. Maybe that should be everything you need to learn the guitar virtually is here at TG.

Aussie humor aside, this really is the best place to start to learn how to play guitar. The lessons are amazing and start from the very beginning. Neil is a guitar guru and musical genius, the song library is extensive and you couldn't ask for a more supportive community.

Participate, jump right in. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Have fun.

I look forward to seeing your first post.

Michele

RicksPick

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi danam

Welcome to the warmest place on the net
Great Guitar community
With the BEST Teacher

RicksPick
England

Music Junkie

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Welcome from Ventura, CA! Finally another 70's kid. We are in VERY short supply around here..... :laugh:

Glad you found TG. Hope to hear from you in the forums, and would love to hear some of your original tunes.

MJ

skaladar

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Hiya danam ... *waves from NYC* ... and welcome to TG

danam71 wrote:
Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. The very first instrument that I learned how to play was the piano......
Me too. I learned to play the piano by color because I was too young to know ny ABC's.
My grandmother, who taught piano, had color coded music and colored stickers on the piano keys.
I may not have know a D from a G but I knew red from green. hehe .. ever try to find middle yellow?

I wish I would have stuck with it but that's a whole other story and this is your introduction. As the others have said, you've come to the right place to feed your love for music and start your journey into guitar playing. There is so much to absorb here you'll never be at a loss.

Enjoy the trip, I know you will :-)

♫ Ken ♫

danam71

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Thank you. My husband and I have lived here since the latter part of 04. I'm actually from Columbia origanally. Alaska! My mom's best friend moved to alaska last year, I can't recall which part. Really? It is nice.

Again, thank you. Oh, I most definitely do. I'll keep that in mind. I'm sure I'll have a question or two at some point.

I will.

Dana

danam71

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Hello to you!

I thank you for the welcome. I appreciate that. I look forward to the learning.

I have played piano since I was six yrs old.

Take care

Dana

danam71

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Hello from Sedalia

Lol. I've looked around and I am most definitely impressed by what I've seen so far.

I am sure to learn a great deal here. Wow, I can't wait to get started. I wish I could start today, but my husband is due to wake from his daily nap pretty soon

I will, you can count on that. I absolutely have everything to gain!

I will and thanks

Hopefully it won't be to long from now.

Dana

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic