We're getting there....

pinkbri

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:17 am

Hey there, I'm Bri and I am somewhat new to guitars. I started playing in the third grade, and five years later, I haven't practiced once! :unsure: Basically, I'm on here to learn some Pink Floyd songs, because just recently I got sucked into the band by a friend of mine. they have some amazing music, and I'm looking forward to being able to play some of their music. I'm hoping to learn some picking patterns along the way so I can play some Train songs, too. I hope this works! Wish me luck!

~Bri XD

boldent

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:12 am

Hi Bri,

Welcome from the Netherlands!

It's great to have you aboard and you will learn a lót over here (consider Target for that matter), so have fun and good luck indeed!

Cheers

Vanessa

jayswett

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:06 am

If you like Pink Floyd, you are in the right place. I like that band as well and from this site alone managed to learn Comfortably Numb, Brain Damage, Is There Anybody Out There, and several others. Good luck, and enjoy.

sws626

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi Bri,

Great to have you here. Now pick up that guitar and have at it. You'll find everything you need here -- great instruction, good company, sound advice, lots of support, and train songs, too.

-Stuart

millponddave

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Welcome Bri,

You are sure to improve your skill here. Have fun.

Dave

BigBear

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Bri! Welcome to Totally Guitars from Portland, Oregon. You have come to the right place to learn the guitar. Since you are pretty new to the guitar may I make a couple of suggestions?

1. Go through every bit of free information on this site and learn it. Focus heavily on the proper techniques like hand position, how to fret chords etc.

2. Practice EVERY day even if it's only for 10 minutes. The more you play the more your fingers will hurt but the sooner the pain will go away. Sore fingers are a badge of honor for guitar players.

3. Learning any musical instrument is not natural and you will have many questions. Ask them on this forum and you will have lots of help and lots of friends.

4. When you want to quit, and you will, just take a break for a day or week or even a month. when you come back to it you will feel refreshed and more excited.

4. Always, always, always have fun! If you love Pink Floyd, and they are my favorite band too, learn some of their songs while you are learning everything else. If you don't learn songs that you love you will lose interest quickly.

Again, welcome to TG and good luck learning this fantastic instrument. We are all hopelessly hooked on the guitar and hope you will be too!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic