Hello To All

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 03, 2011 6:18 am

Welcome Tom, have a ball here!

Music Junkie

Tue May 03, 2011 8:31 am

Hi Tom:

Welcome from Ventura, CA, south of you a ways..... :) Grew up in Northern California, and was ther til I was about 21 or so.

If you want to learn the theory basics and be able to work your way ALL THE WAY THROUGH songs, you found the right place. Neil's lessons will get you there (and keep your theory solid... ;) ).

Hope to see you around the forums now. Feel free to ask any questions, as there is never a shortage of good folks to help out around here.

Cheers!

Jason

cobalt1254

Tue May 03, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. What part of Northern Ca did you grow up in Jason? Im living right now in the bay area but eventually I want to move back to where I grew up, that would be Bodega Bay.

Fred

Tue May 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Welcoome. You'll enjoy your time spent here...as a relatively new player (about 4 years), I wish I could spend more time here at the site, but I am lucky enough to take lessons from Neil each Monday. I'm sure you'll find his instruction and method of teaching very easy to understand as he has a great way of communicating the concepts - no matter how complex.

I too am in California - Silicon Valley.

Again - Welcome aboard!

Fred

Music Junkie

Tue May 03, 2011 4:27 pm

cobalt1254 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the welcome. What part of Northern Ca did you grow up in Jason? Im living right now in the bay area but eventually I want to move back to where I grew up, that would be Bodega Bay.
Grew up in Modesto. Back then it was more of a small farming town. I go back to visit today and just can't believe how it has changed. NOT for the better either.... Used to love that I could get to the mountains to go fishing in an hour or so and could get to the beach to boogie board in about two hours. I enjoyed parts of it back then, but am glad I got out. The fine weather down here in Ventura has spoiled me rotten as well.... :P

Bodega bay is just west and slightly south of Santa Rosa isn't it? Not too far from some great micro breweries...... :lol: :lol:
Absolutely beautiful area up there.

Jason

tom18

Tue May 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi Tom,
Nice introduction and welcome to TG from New Jersey. I've been pretty quiet on the forum (and hardly practicing) for some time due to some things going on here, but I'm starting to get back into it. I look forward to your posts. All the best,
Tom

sbutler

Tue May 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey from Alaska Tom.

Its starting to look like theres going to be a 50+TG club starting up soon.

Scott

tgjameela

Tue May 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi Tom,

Great introduction, it's very nice to meet you and welcome from the Netherlands!

I guess I'm one of the younger ones around here (just turned 39), however you're in good company anyway. :P

Just wanna wish you lots of guitarplaying fun, you've definitely come to the right place for that matter, I'm sure you're gonna love it over here!

All the best,

Cheers

Vanessa

cobalt1254

Tue May 03, 2011 10:34 pm

I know what you mean about Modesto. Ive only been there a few times to go to Guitar Center. You are right about the location of Bodega Bay. That area and the Santa Rosa area is where my family is. I appreciate the warm welcome!

cobalt1254

Tue May 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Again, thanks to everyone for the nice welcome!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic