The guitar's all right, but you won't earn a living by it.

cosmicmechanic

Sat May 21, 2011 11:43 pm

max7 wrote:
The guitar's all right, but you won't earn a living by it
Hey, a shoeshine kit costs very little, and is light to carry along with your guitar case. "Shine your shoes, or play you a tune ?".
If music does get going for you commercially, you won't have to carry either.

Welcome,
Pierre

willem

Sun May 22, 2011 3:48 am

Beatllemaniac,,that's allright,,when this site came up and some Beatlle lessons came out i discovered the Beatles(i was more a stone fan),,great music and i think i become a maniac too,,,i want a shirt and all there plectrums but most of all many of there songs playing on the acoustic,,

welcome from the Netherlands..

Willem

AndyT

Sun May 22, 2011 3:49 am

Aloha Max,

I think the very best is a great in person teacher to supplement Neil's online goodies. A live teacher once a month to help you get past things that might hold you back.

Your other option is to shoot a nice clear video of yourself and post it here and let the community have at it.

And if you join Target, Neil will also review your videos.

Lots and lots of good stuff here to be had.

Oh yeah, Welcome to TG from Hawaii !

Lavallee

Sun May 22, 2011 8:22 am

Hi Max, welcome from Montreal Canada, Nice intro, You will find very difficult not to visit the site regularly, it is addictive with the great lessons and the good community.

Marc

dennisg

Sun May 22, 2011 9:06 am

Welcome from Seattle, Max, where it's always wet and wild. This site is like the Hotel California: you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but it's fun to give the new guys something to think about.

Music Junkie

Mon May 23, 2011 9:53 am

Catchy intro there Max! Welcome from Southern California. Glad you found the site and decided to get back into the guitar again. Your observations on Neil's teaching are solid. He certainly seems to love what he does and it makes the lessons fun. Being able to follow along at your own pace is nice as well.

MJ

tombo1230

Mon May 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Max and welcome. So 90% of the songs you like, well that creates a bit of a problem I think, where to start........but heck, it could be worse..... looks like you might be here for a while as there are a ton of tunes to learn. enjoy the site, we all love playing the guitar here, so you are in good company, enjoy!

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic