Hello Everyone

jameskingama123

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Hello everyone, I'm James King and currently studying. I bought my guitar since I was in1st year college. I love guitars since I was a elementary level but because of the financial problem. That's why I bough my guitar when I was in 1st college with my own sacrifices. I'm now a 3rd year college student and I have no time to practice at all.

willem

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:12 pm

"I have no time to practice at all."

Sam does his best Foghorn Leghorn impersonation.............

I don't--I say--I don't get it, Son.

Music Junkie

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Welcome from California James. I know what it is like having no time in college, but I hope you are able to squeeze a little in and take advantage of this great site.

Cheers!

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:30 pm

No worries James, forget the practices, just play!
:-)

skaladar

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Well hello to you James … *waves from NYC* … and welcome to TG.

I seem to remember feeling the same way about “having no time” a number of decades ago. It didn’t improve for me after college and the result was me giving up the guitar to pursue a career for 30+ years. There are few things in life I regret but I can surely say that not staying at least remotely connected to the guitar is one of them. I am still just as busy as I’ve always been but now that I am playing again I am happier than I ever would have imagined.

Hmm, perhaps that’s not the best way to welcome you but what I'm trying to say is that you’ve come to the right place to not only learn at your own pace but to stay connected to music and the guitar. An opportunity I wish I had before technology made it possible. By all means play when you can find the time to grab the guitar but also watch the lessons and participate in the forums when you can’t. The community here is like none anywhere else and by staying involved I think you can avoid a “What was I thinking?” wake up call. Above all enjoy your time here. I know you will.

♫ Ken ♫

BigBear

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:38 am

Hello James! Big welcome to TG from Portland, Oregon. Is it safe to guess that you live in the UK? If so, where are you? We have many UK members here.

When time is short, just play! Even if you can only squeeze in 10 or 15 minutes a day keep playing and keep your calluses built up. If you think of it as practice it's just another chore. But if you're playing, it's all fun!

So have fun, learn when you can and enjoy this wonderful instrument we're all addicted to!

Cheers! :cheer:

Lavallee

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:51 am

Welcome aboard James, Hope you will some time to work on your guitar and when you do you will find some answers on your questions right here.

Looking forward to read you

Marc from Montreal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic