I've been around a while, but I never introduced myself.

tovo

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Hey Sam. Greetings from Australia. You have been pretty active on the forum so I feel like I know you a little. Where are you actually from? Oklahoma? I picked up that thick Southern accent in your steel nails video but I notice a lot of Americans seem to move about.

I reckon age is no impediment to getting good at anything. Lack of work is. Your goals are really realistic and I'm sure that you can achieve them and more.

I am jealous of your retirement! I'd love to have more time to play and be home. Still I won't complain, my time will come with luck.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

tovo

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Ah, tovo! Australia........ We can only hope, but I hear it's hard to drive there from Oklahoma City!

I grew up right in the heart of Oklahoma and have not strayed over fifty miles from where I was dropped.

I have friends who are literally afraid to retire at 70+. Frankly, I love it! Our yard is the envy of the neighborhood. I sit out there at night and play the guitar while my dogs look for possums. I would not have possums if the neighbors would quit throwing rotten apples at me.

Mosquitoes really break ones concentration!

Sam

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi TwoCat,

It's great that you joined Target, we all hope to keep the ball rolling here and as you already know, it is well worth it.

You say you consider yourself a novice, but I don't know of any beginning guitarists that file down and wear steel fingernails. :side:
So let's say you have an "original approach". I bet that attitude applies to other things besides playing guitar.

Take yer shoes off, set a spell ..
Pierre

BobR

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi Sam,

I did watch your steel nails tutorial, good stuff. Welcome to the Target side. You're going to have a great time.

Bob
from Massachusetts.

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Sam: A belated hello from Ventura, CA. Glad you decided to join. I can speak from experience about the Martin 000 series and how nice it is to play. Only been to OK once. Landed in Tulsa and then drove to Eureka Springs Arkansas for a wedding. It was summer, and it was hot and humid..... ;)

Glad to have you aboard, and thanks for the intro.

MJ

haoli25

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Hello Samster and welcome to the TARGET program. I think you are going to ike it here. Unfortunately, your plants, yardwork, and home repairs will have to take a backseat for awhile. There is just so much to learn on this site. I think you will amaze yourself just how quickly you will progress with your guitar playing. If you need any help, just ask.

I hope all your severe storms are over for this year in the OKC area.

Bill Image

haoli25

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:25 am

Thanks to all. Loved the pic of the cats!!

I am going to open a thread somewhere about "Margaritaville". Any and all help, criticism and tips will be most welcome. Neil says it's a "one" and that's a good place to start.

I am ready for the work to wait. Yes, we're almost out of tornado season. And one hit in Massachusetts. They're everywhere!

Sam

Edit: OK, I want to make a video of my playing and ask questions. I don't know where to post it.

Lavallee

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:34 am

Hi Sam, welcome to Target from Montreal. I enjoyed reading your post and I am looking forward to see a video from you.

Marc

willem

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:02 am

twocat wrote:
Thanks to all. Loved the pic of the cats!!

I am going to open a thread somewhere about "Margaritaville". Any and all help, criticism and tips will be most welcome. Neil says it's a "one" and that's a good place to start.

I am ready for the work to wait. Yes, we're almost out of tornado season. And one hit in Massachusetts. They're everywhere!

Sam

Edit: OK, I want to make a video of my playing and ask questions. I don't know where to post it.

hI Sam,,JUST USE THIS LINK AND MAYBE NEIL GIVES YOU SOME ANSWERS TOO...IT IS THE STUDENTS REVIEW CHANNEL..

http://www.totallyguitars.com/uploader/

AcousticAl

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:52 am

Hey there Sam,

Welcome to the other side!
There's loads to keep you busy over here- but you've got a good approach. Start with some level 1 or 2 tunes. Upload a few vies of you playing and you'll get some helpful feedback... And hopefully a review by Neil as well.

One piece of advice I'd give you is to stay focused on a few songs until you've got them down- before moving on to more. There are so many available, it's easy to bite off more than you can chew and not learn any of them well.

See you around!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic