Hiya People

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:01 am

Scott:

Welcome from Southern California. Your story sounds very familiar around here. MANY of our members can say the same thing as you did. Glad to hear you decided to get back on the horse. You certainly found the right place to get started again. Thanks for sharing your info so we could get to know you a bit. Feel free to ask any questions about the site or about the guitar that you might have, as there are always tons of great people here who love to help out.

MJ

dsmarion

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:06 pm

willem wrote:
Hi Scott,, AH you discovered all ready a great thing what the site can offer you and there are a lot with the same age and music love(style) and you played fro many years so you do know chords,,you can go through all the free stuff but i must honestly say that the TARGET programm is the place to be,i think there are hundred of songs from the 60/70 etc,,very detailed lessons,many finger/pickers,, a nice style also is the chord/melody playing(just strumming and pickout some melodynotes),,when you have question well fire them away in the forum and room service will be there for you,,try it out..wish you the best on revisiting your guitar yourney and get hooked.

Willem from Holland( Netherlands)
Thanks Willem! I have looked at some of the lessons and I see they are very detailed which is great. I most likely will get on board at some point but right now I want to just peruse the free stuff and work on relearning some of what I already know - plus work on the three new songs I have started. This place is sure nice though since there seem to be so many active members. I look forward to reading and listening to the many posts and vids. Maybe I will try and upload something even - though I am very, very rusty (and a bit shy even) and playing an acoustic for pretty much the first time so my fingers are really struggling so far. Still I am having a lot of fun.

Regards, Scott

dsmarion

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Scott:

Welcome from Southern California. Your story sounds very familiar around here. MANY of our members can say the same thing as you did. Glad to hear you decided to get back on the horse. You certainly found the right place to get started again. Thanks for sharing your info so we could get to know you a bit. Feel free to ask any questions about the site or about the guitar that you might have, as there are always tons of great people here who love to help out.

MJ
Thanks MJ. Good to know I am not the only one! And I appreciate the many offers for help if I need it. Very nice group of folks here.

Regards, Scott

dsmarion

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
HI Scott from Chas in New Zealand, great intro,that story has been made by so many of us here so you will fit in well with the team.
Thanks Chas! I hope so!

Regards, Scott

sbutler

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Welcome from Alaska Scott.

Scott here too, and yes, your story is familar one. Played when young, life happened, picked it up again to play. Yep, thats me.

Nice to hear from ya!

TGMatt

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi Scott,

Don't think there are only guys here, also a few active (on the forum I mean) women! :P

Thanks for the great introduction and welcome from the Netherlands as well!

And wow, you've already posted a video even before I could welcome you, that's really great, I'll comment on it tomorrow, since it's 03.45 over here :blink: (yeah, I'm a night-owl).

Have lots of fun on your guitarjourney Scott, if you have questions, just fire away! :)

All the best,

Vanessa

dsmarion

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Scott,

Don't think there are only guys here, also a few active (on the forum I mean) women! :P

Thanks for the great introduction and welcome from the Netherlands as well!

And wow, you've already posted a video even before I could welcome you, that's really great, I'll comment on it tomorrow, since it's 03.45 over here :blink: (yeah, I'm a night-owl).

Have lots of fun on your guitarjourney Scott, if you have questions, just fire away! :)

All the best,

Vanessa
Hey Vanessa! Point well taken. Thanks.

Regards, Scott

Lavallee

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:21 am

Hi Scott, welcome from Montreal Canada. Greta intro. Much have been said already, I just to reiterate that I will enjoy reading you in the forum and I already enjoy your video.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic