A bg shout out to you all from London U.K.

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:40 am

Cheers Dave. Pleased to meet you.

G

thereshopeyet

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:46 am

Thanks

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:02 am

Hi Dean. Good to meet you buddy. Nice to know I`ve got a Homey on the site.

What do you say to a british invasion :woohoo:

G

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:18 am

Hi bob

Thanks for your warm welcome, Good to meet you buddy

G

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:34 am

Hi Willem

Thanks for the warm welcome my friend

Love and peace

G

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:48 am

Hi Tovo and thanks, it1s good to be here and yes I`ll be around as long as life doesn`t get in the way.

Cheers buddy

G

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 am

Hi Scott

Thanks for your kind response my friend. I`m very pleased to meet you.

Love and peace

G

skaladar

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:53 am

Hiya G … *waves from NYC*

Normally I’d say something like “Welcome to TG … You’ve come to the right place … blah, blah” but since you’re a TG vet that’s doesn’t seem to fit here.

I will say thanks for the great intro and by kicking it all off with cool video upload. I do hope you continue to be active here in the forums and with you uploads.

There’s nothing like interacting and seeing other people playing, much as in the way you feel about the FOTW segments, to help inspire people.

♫ Ken ♫

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:23 am

Salve Chris

Thanks for the welcome Chris my friend.

Your Les Paul quote intrigued me. I`ve seen some live Les Paul performances on you tube of him later on in his life and he was forever retuning his guitar and I was thinking to myself he didn't pre stretch his new strings enough before going on or he had some serious set up issues with his guitar. Forgive me for even attempting to criticize such a legend as I feel humbled just hearing his name. I lived in Milan Italy for a couple of years in the 80`s and someone let me have a go on his Les Paul custom guitar and that thing just would not stay in tune and his strings were not that fresh. As for Sergovia he played a nylon string guitar ( quite well by all accounts). I have a nylon string beautiful tone classical guitar at my parents house that I have owned since forever and found that after a string change it takes a couple of weeks for the strings to settle in and after that they hardly ever go out of tune unless the kids play around with the tuners. I heard that the great classical guitarist John Williams never performed live with a brand new set of nylon strings because they`d go out of tune before half way through the piece, they`d always be at least a couple of weeks old and fully stretched and settled in. I do not know how true that is but in my experience with nylon strings I can well believe it. You don't seem to notice any loss in brightness as you do with steel strings as nylon strings are on the mellow side of bright anyway.I found that steel strings loose their sparkle quite quickly. after just a few hours of playing and if you want that sparkle back you gotta change the strings if you can be bothered and if you pre stretch before playing and play for about 30 minutes constantly retuning then they settle in quite quickly, whereas the nylon strings take ages to settle in but once they have then you`re done. Sorry for rambling and nice to meet you.

G

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:28 am

Thank you thereshopeyet

fun video. Rock on man

Love and peace

G

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic