Hello to you all.

jayswett

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi Jim,

Welcome from the Netherlands!

Wanna wish you fun on your guitarjourney!

cheers

Vanessa

jayswett

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:31 am

Jim,

Welcome. Your story is a familiar one. My advice is this: look around the website, check out the free lessons, peruse the forum, watch the student videos, then consider joining the Target Program, which is a ridiculously good deal with regard to getting what you pay for. It will be your best investment if you are serious about learning to play. Good luck, and have fun.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:43 am

Hi from Switzerland Jim. Like Dennis, I picked up on the chuffed bit and as you used anyroad too, I'm assuming you're in England north of the north-south divide? Congrats on finding guitar nirvana and have some fun here.
Chris

jimlard

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Thank you all for your warm welcomes. I am indeed from Derbyshire in the U.K which is slightly north of the north/south divide. It is nice to learn that many of you have similar histories to mine and that now you are doing well, you are all great inspirations :) . I have only been on here a week and have learnt more in that short time than I have in years, I have got my enthusiasm back well and truly.

Cheers
Jim

BigBear

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Jim- Big Welcome from Portland, Oregon! You've come to the right place to dust off your guitar and start making some progress. When you decide to get really serious (about having fun I mean) you must join the TARGET program. I've made more progress in the 2+ years I've been a member than in the previous 40 before that. It's really an embarrassment of riches for the learning guitarist.

These guys have a generous refund policy so give it a try and if it's not for you, you can get out easily. But I'd guess that not 1 in a 100 quits after joining. TARGET is simply the best guitar resource on the net. And a heck of a lot of fun too.

Thanks for the introduction!

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 am

jimlard wrote:
Thank you all for your warm welcomes. I am indeed from Derbyshire in the U.K which is slightly north of the north/south divide. It is nice to learn that many of you have similar histories to mine and that now you are doing well, you are all great inspirations :) . I have only been on here a week and have learnt more in that short time than I have in years, I have got my enthusiasm back well and truly.

Cheers
Jim
Hey Jim welcome. Sorry I missed your intro until now. Good luck with your guitar goals...very good pick up by Dennis that you are a Brit. My Mum is from Derbyshire! Never met anyone else who was! (Probably because I'm Australian and live in Adelaide). Glad you are enthusiastic...I have tried to show I am as well by my heavy use of exclamation marks. If you hang around here and do some practice you will certainly improve. No doubt. Enjoy!

willem

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:24 am

Hello,,welcome from the Netherlands,,i am sure you are hooked know and you will have no time for something else anymore ,you will spend so much time here that you even got no time left to put your guitar in a case only on a stand..wish you the best,,well you get it here,,

Guitarmom

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Jim,

Welcoming you from the great state of Texas! You will find that the responses you will recieve from around the world, will open up new thoughts on your musical development. The same song, presented with different interpretations will expand your horizons. I have been playing for many years but always learn new things on TG!

Rev Kate

jimlard

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Willem Thank you, you are quite right, I have hardly put my guitar down since joining this site, I am learning so much each day, it's great.

Rev Kate Thank you for your welcome, I am really enjoying watching peoples videos that they have sent in, so many different styles, interpretations and so much talent. It gives me a lot of inspiration and enthusiasm to learn more.

Cheers

Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic