hi from Toronto!

mariaryan

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Just joined TG today and wanted to say hello. I've been playing guitar for 30+ years and have been a private music teacher (guitar, uke, mando, violin) for 15. It's my heart and soul. I'm always looking for ways to improve myself as a way of becoming a better teacher. Looking forward to digging into the site! Thanks!

MarkM

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Mariaryan,

Welcome from the Netherlands!

You have a very interesting background wich is quite similar to mine, and what can I say, if you want to keep improving as a teacher, then you definitely have found the right teacher for exactly thát!

I would want to encourage you to give Target some thought, because then you can watch a lot more of Neil teaching, for instance the videoreviews and the Fly on the wall's, not to mention the tons and tons of songs in wich he gets really deep into everything a student needs to know. IMHO, he's the best teacher that I have come across with and I was actually really searching for exactly that when I bumped into this website over a year ago. Well I also like lots and lots of songs that he teaches! :P

Anyway, great to have you aboard and I'm sure you will enjoy the site very much!

cheers

Vanessa

millponddave

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Welcome from Utah, USA. I'm sure that you will have a lot of fun here.

Dave

dennisg

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Maria,

Greetings from Seattle. As Vanessa said, you've come to the right place to become both a better player and a more successful teacher. Enjoy yourself.

BigBear

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Big welcome Maria, from the Left Coast in Portland. If this site doesn't challenge you and your students I missed my bet.

Once you get settled, take a look at the TARGET program for all the great material. I couldn't learn all these songs in four lifetimes.

Enjoy yourself on this site and don't be a stranger on the forum. Your background in music could be a big help to many.

Happy playin' and cheers! :cheer:

Lavallee

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Maria , welcome from Montreal, You sure have found the right place regarding teaching from Neil and we all can benefit from your experience as others have said. I hope you will consider the Target program to get the full extent of the site.

Looking forward to read you in the forum

Marc

sbutler

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Maria, hello from warm tropical Alaska. Well I do live in the south central part of the state. ;-)

Anyway, I sure wish you could watch the "fly on the wall" series that we target members get to watch. Watching Neil teach lessons is very, very informative, but watching him intereact with a student over any subject, whether it be a song,technique or theory, is were you'll truly see how gifted he is at teaching. I have had the pleasure of going to see Neil in his cabin for a REAL face to face lesson and I believe thats were he really shines. One look and you can tell he was made to teach.

So, welcome abord. I hope you find what your looking for, as so many of us have. Enjoy the ride, its a good one.

Scott

michelew

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Maria,

I huge 'hi' from Sydney. I'm sure you'll love it here.

What Neil doesn't know about teaching the guitar and music in general probably isn't that important. Well that's my humble opinion. Teahers and students alike can benefit from his experience as a teacher, performer, writer and student of music. I'm sure you'll find that he's amazing, as we have.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you and your playing via the forum and hopefully through your videos. See you around.

Michele

willem

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:41 am

just a welcome from the Netherlands,, all you need is all ready said ,i hope you gonna show us some video's from your playing , you are the third teacher that i get to know someday,,

cheers Willem

abiliog

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:15 am

Maria,
Welcome from Portugal, a sunny place to live.
You have found the best place to be. Everything has been said but I also want to encourage you to take a look at the Target Program, that's where you can benefit the most from the never ending wisdom Neil has to offer.
Enjoy and participate, we all benefit from your wisdom too I'm very sure.
Abilio, a very happy student

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic