Hi From Manchester!

lollerskittles

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi,

Thought i would introduce myself here :).

My name is Chris from England and i have recently bought myself a Fender acoustic guitar. I am a complete beginner but came across this website hoping that i can learn how to play it :D.

Dont know what else to say really! Looking forward to learning how to play :)

Chris

sbutler

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Well Chris, when your involved with this lot, all you need to provide is a little effort in practice, and you'll get better. No doubt.

Welcome from tropical Alaska.

Scott

coomba

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:31 pm

G'day Chris
Welcome to TG
I envy You!
I wish this site was around when I first picked up a guitar ,instead of trying to teach myself and learning lots of bad habits and not getting anywhere.
Neils lessons are 2nd to none.
This is the best place to learn guitar and meet new friends, so jump in and have fun, don't be afraid to ask questions as the people here are very friendly and helpful.
Cheers
Scott (Australia)

dsmarion

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Chris,

Welcome from southeast Michigan. If you want to learn guitar you're in the right place. If you are completely new to guitar you can try the beginner series which shows you all you need to know to get started. Lots of free lessons to look at after that but if you get serious you may want to consider the Target program where you'll find everything the site has to offer which is a lot. See you around the forum!

Scott

willem

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:34 am

Welcome from Holland(look to the east,,yes there it is),,all you must have is time..lol. well a guitar you bought all ready,,,learning the musical alphabet is good to start with A-B-C-D-E-F-G for the key of C that would be

C-D-E-F-G-A-B all white keys on the keyboard,,if you start on D it is D-E-F#-G-A-B-C# and have two sharps in it, why would you ask, well the genius lessons tells all a baut it but this is simple they are all MAJOR SCALES where you make all way's the same steps 1-1-1-1/2-1-1-1-1/2 and sounded also alway's has do-re-mi-fa-so la-si-do,,,so now you can figure it out when you start on a E,,,,E-...................!

a BIT or a LOT theory is alway's a handy tool such has understanding a baut scales-chords..soloing etc..

Of course you wanna play songs but alway's combine them with some theory,,well if you stay on it or here you will all learn it very quick and if you have questions just ask them and you would get a lot of answers/respond from the community and if you upload video i think you have a chance on a review by Neil,,,,

Hey did you see the other site as well ''totallyvocals'''all a baut singin...

Cheers Willem

RicksPick

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:38 am

Hello and welcome Chris

From not to far away Lincoln
Have a good time here so much to learn in a friendly atmosphere

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:26 am

Hi Chris welcome from Switzerland... have a ball here.
Chris

Lavallee

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:51 am

Hi Chris, welcome from Montreal, Canada. Great place to learn and lots of help available.

Marc

pmelody

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:46 am

Hey!

I'm 100 % new to guitar playing too!
I wish u goodluck and alot of joy learning how to make ure guitar sing!

Greeting,
~Mo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic