Well I posted many videos, I guess I should actually introduce myself

mbleier

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Hey All,

I have been playing off and on for four years or so. I took lessons for a while but even though I learned a bunch of theory and can explain secondary dominants I couldn't really play much. I found Neil when he was first starting TG and became a Target member when he first started it up. I found my strum from Neil although apparently that still needs some major work.

I made some great progress strumming and got to build some confidence with some finger picking pieces that were much more doable than my guitar teacher had given me. I progressed a bunch but hit another plateau. I tried uploading videos but couldn't get it to work. I got frustrated and stopped playing and using the site for six to eight months. I was just thinking of leaving when I thought I would try to upload one more time and what do you know, it worked. I have posted a bunch of videos and have gotten awesome feedback from Neil and the many members of the target community. While I had instruction from the site I have spent many years learning in a vacuum and now that I have the ability to share what I am working on I can finally get some feedback and I feel like I am starting to progress again.

So, to all who are new or just feel stuck, I really recommend uploading a video. This group is very supportive and there are so many people who can really help you find the key to working through whatever is holding you back.

As far as personal stuff goes. I live in New Hampshire. I live with my wife Mary who is due with our first in March. I have three dogs, Kudra the border collie mix, Bashea the black lab/ german shepard mix, and Grendalyn the bassett hound. I have two cats Lazarus and Darla and five guinea hens. I am a master electrician and just started my own company last May which is doing amazing. I love to ski, rock climb, ice climb, mountain bike, hike, oh yeah and play guitar.

Mike

BobR

Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Mike,

Very nice introduction, but I feel that I knew you already because of your video uploads. Another New Englander!

Good to get the whole story though. :laugh:

Bob

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Mike:

Great intro! Nice to have a back story finally.... B)

Glad you decided to try again and then to stay. Your experience is bound to inspire a few others as well... :)

Also, congrats on the new business, hope it stays amazing for years to come!!!!!!!!

MJ

P.S., Where is your avatar pic taken, looks like some beautiful country..... I spend a fair amount of time in the high country as well.

tovo

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:52 am

Nice intro mate. You sound like quite an action man getting out into nature and enjoying. Nothing like it in my mind. Glad you are getting something really positive from the site. Keep playing and keep enjoying!

dsmarion

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:56 am

Thanks for the background Mike. I am sorry to hear you were off the site and thinking of quitting for so long (although since I did that at one time I do understand). Also nice to hear your business is doing well. Thanks for sharing your story and keep posting your progress.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:04 am

Nice intro Mike hope your enjoying the kids and have some fun battling the songs here... glad you saw the light and stayed!

thereshopeyet

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:31 am

Thanks

dennisg

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 am

Welcome from Seattle, Mike. We look forward to many more videos.

MarkM

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:43 am

Mike thanks for the intro. I too feel that I've come to know you from your recent postings. I glad you finally were able to post them on the site. NH??? Geez. I just moved from NH to GA a few months ago. I wish I had the chance to meet you before I left. I grew up in Londonderry and lived in Goffstown the past 10 years. 41 winters were enough so we decided to move to the Atlanta area. What town do you live in?

MarkM

suziko

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:43 am

Hi Mike,

Nice intro! It's good to get to know a bit more about you. I agree with the supportive nature of the site. It's amazing what a little encouragment and well-meaning advice can do!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic