HELLO

joedever50

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:06 am

HI MY NAME IS JOE AND I'M FROM MASSACHUSETTS. IT'S 10/30 AND SNOWING. A BIT EARLY FOR SNOW EVEN HERE..I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR A FEW YEARS AND NEED SOME HELP WITH RHYTHM, TECHNIQUE, AND STYLE. THIS IS MY FIRST FORAY INTO AN ONLINE SETTING LIKE THIS SO I'LL GIVE IT A TRY WHILE IT'S FREE.

dsmarion

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:26 am

Hi Joe. Welcome from southeast Michigan. We got missed with the snow but not the cold. Way too early to be hit by this.

Take a look around, go through the free courses and visit the forums, there are a lot of nice people here. Enjoy your stay.

Scott

willem

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:30 am

HI JOE,,,WELCOME FROM THE NETHERLANDS,,SNOW MAN THATS EARLY INDEED I HOPE IT STAY'S AWAY HERE FOR A WHILE 'COS I LIKE SUMMER HAS A MORE ACTIVE SEASON ,,YOU ARE HERE ON THE RIGHT PLACE AND I AM SURE YOU ARE HOOKED,,SUCH A GREAT PLACE HERE,,ALOT OF NICE SUPPORTING PEOPLE HERE AND A GREAT TEACHER,, YOU CAN GO FOR THE FREE LESSONS THEY ARE AWESOME AND WILL TAKE YOUR TIME FOR A WHILE,, I MUST SAY THAT TARGET!!! IS THE PLACE TO BE WITH VERY DETAILED EXPLAIN,,RIGHT HAND,LEFT HAND,BREAKDOWN,THEORY,,ETC...WELL YOU SEE,,,ONE QUESTION!! WHAT KIND OF MUSIC YOU LIKE TO LEARN,,,AFTER SO MANY YEARS(NOW I AM 58) I DISCOVERED THE bEATLES AGAIN,,WELL PLAYING THEM(TRYING)

GOODLUCK ON YOU YOURNEY HERE,, YOU ARE HOOKED FOR SURE AND IF YOU STAY YOU WILL SEE HOW QUICK YOU PROGRESS.

WILLEM NETHERLANDS

songman52

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:08 am

Welcome, Joe. What part of MA are you in? Good to have you here. Lots of good lessons.

Jerry

BobR

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Welcome Joe,

I am also from MA, and got snow but only a bit. You won't find a better place to learn and get all the support you need.

Bob

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi Joe welcome to Totally Guitars, this is the best place to learn all you mention. But Wait there's more! The friendships to be made here are quite simply one of the things that set this place apart from the rest... But Wait there's even more!! The support and Admin guys behind the scenes are simply the best nothing ever bothers them.

regards

Chas from New Zealand, where its currently very sunny about 20 degrees

sbutler

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey Joe, where you going with that snow shovel in your hand?

Welcome from warm and tropical, south central Alaska. NOT! I just got in from plowing my drive way, so I feel your pain.

Scott

mbleier

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Joe,
Welcome. Neil really puts up some cool lessons and in a way that is so thorough and helpful. I really recommend posting some of your playing. If there are technique issues only having others see it will allow people to help. I know camera jitters only make it harder, but all the people on this site have great advice and can bring things to your attention you never noticed. The people are really supportive and they don't care if you don't have a good recording setup or at what level you play they are all more than happy to help all the other members of the TG community progress. This site has tons of nooks and crannies so if you get overwhelmed definitely ask anyone even if it is in a random place and I know someone will help point you in the right direction.
Have fun,
Mike

millponddave

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Joe,

Welcome from Utah. I'm sure that you will love this site. Have fun.

Dave

suziko

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:00 pm

songman52

Love that avatar!

TCS

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic