Saying hello.

carrier

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Carrie here, wanted to introduce myself and ask if anyone else lives in Toronto?

Are there any groups of people getting together in Toronto to play?

sbutler

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi Carrie, Scott here in Alaska

There are some Canadians on this site. Give them some time, and they will find your post.

Welcome.

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Ahhh... the tyranny of distance... Welcome Carrie to TG from Chas in New Zealand. There are a few Canadians on the site not sure where they hail from though, very shortly they will drop by and respond to you. Tell us more about your guitar(s) music tastes etc. Oh and good choice to join us you won't regret it

dsmarion

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:30 pm

Hey Carrie,

Sorry but I am a bit south in southeast Michigan (so far south in fact I am almost in Ohio). Welcome to TG. Tell us a bit about your guitar adventures that transpired on your journey to arrive here when you have a chance.

Scott

willem

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Hello,from the Netherlands,,how is live in Toronto??? it very crowdy in the Dutch but i manage,,,there are Canadians here and sing like Neil Young...

millponddave

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Hello from Utah. Not very close to Toronto however. Enjoy the site, lots to do and learn here.

Dave

carrier

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Hello all, I've spent the last 4 hours scouring this great site in awe of the information and how well it is laid out.
I hacked around with a dozen or chords off and on, mostly off for the last 25 years and finally decided to learn this beautiful instrument before I get too old.

I love the blues and camp fire songs with others. Now it's time to clean up bad habits, develop some quality technique and get on with making music. Thanks for the warm welcome.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:46 am

Hi and welcome to the candy store Carrier. Your intro sounds close to the reasons I (and many others) signed up here so you are in good company. When AcousticAl gets off work, I'm sure he'll be dropping you a line as he's been our resident Torontonian so far. Hope you have a ball here and hoape you join us regularly on the forums maybe post a video or two.
Chris in Switzerland.

tombo1230

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 am

carrier wrote:
Hello all, I've spent the last 4 hours scouring this great site in awe of the information and how well it is laid out.
I hacked around with a dozen or chords off and on, mostly off for the last 25 years and finally decided to learn this beautiful instrument before I get too old.

I love the blues and camp fire songs with others. Now it's time to clean up bad habits, develop some quality technique and get on with making music. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Welcome from Scotland, nowhere near Canada, :) but as you probably know lot's of people from Scotland living there now. Welcome to TG. You are here for all the right reasons, this is a great place to learn. If you haven't improved significantly in twelve months from now I will be very suprised. Enjoy!

Tom N.

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:47 am

Welcome from Southern California. Glad you found us here... :)

I know Al is from that area.... We also have Marc and Tammy too, but can't quite remember where they hail from.... I am sure they will stop by to let you know... B)

Have fun

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic