Hello all from Mike in Texas

jm_costley

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Well I have been playing off and on since I was 15 or 16 which was about 35 yrs ago. Regretfully, I have never developed a good ear for music although it has improved some. I always did better if I could copy from another or get the sheet music and learn it from that. Well like many of you I recently ran across Neil on youtube giving a lesson on Kodachrome and I then started checking out totally guitars. I am not a target member but find quite a few really good songs in the free section and I am working on some of those. Dream a little dream was a find as I have never been able to find any music for that song. I would like to see some Steely Dan here as their music tend to be a bit more difficult as I have been working on Rikki Dont loose that number and it's close, but not quite. My music interest include a lot of the popular stuff from the 60's, 70's, & 80's, but I really like learning chord progressions and improving my struming and bar chord creations. By slowly increasing the difficulty and learning new technics keep my interested in wanting to go further and learn more.

BobR

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Mike,

Nice introduction. This is definitely the right place if you want to develop those guitar skills. You'll enjoy it here I am sure.

Welcome,

Bob
from Massachusetts.

willem

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:46 am

It is just fine you arived here,so welcome from the Netherlands a total diffrent country then Texas,,,the free section of this site as a lot of fun lessons and it will take you a while but i can really recommend to join TARGET so soon as possible it is so much more fun,,the TARGET lessons are more detailed and more in it then you ever would thought of and you get acces to the FLY ON THE WALLS too,,these are vids were Neil teaches a student and some are 45 minutes full of musical adventure with more in it then only a song,,well it's up to you but i know you will join soon or later...

later Willem

Oh you can upload video here from your playing and get a review from Neil...

Later..............

lueders

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am

Welcome from the Netherlands as well Mike!

Glad to have you aboard! You've sure come to the right place. Have fun around here, there is tons and tons of stuff to learn. And yeah, Willem is right about Target! ;)

all the best,

Vanessa

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:10 am

Welcome Mike... have some fun here and stay in touch on the forum.
Chris in Switzerland

dsmarion

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:28 am

Hi Mike. Welcome from southeast Michigan! Have fun checking out the free lessons, there really are a lot of them. But when you're ready also be sure to check out Target because not only are there a ton of really great lessons in there but they are much more detailed. Stay in touch, maybe post a video of something you play now or are working on. Go to http://www.totallyguitars.com/busking/ to do that.

Scott

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:04 am

Hey Mike, welcome from southern California! Nice intro. Sounds like your musical interests fall along the same lines as a whole bunch of us TG'ers.... :) If there are any specific songs you would like to be made into lessons, you should really think about signing up for a Target membership and tossing in a few titles in the "Recommend A Lesson" category. It may take a while, but if it is popular enough and gets the votes, Neil will tackle it. There are also some great theory areas to explore as well.

Cheers and have fun,

MJ

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 am

Hi Mike from Oklahoma

There are three things I wanted to tell you about the Target program: 1. Neil is and excellent teacher; 2. The lessons are broken down into parts for each hand, the chords, the theory and sometimes a chord solo; and 3. The...er..um...wait a minute...ah...um...oops....OH! :blush: The cost is quite reasonable!

Sam

dennisg

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 am

Hi, Mike, and welcome to the site. Your story is a lot like that of many other TGers who learned a few chords as teens, then promptly took a little break for half a century. Anyway, enjoy yourself.

Dennis (in Seattle)

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:44 pm

G'Day Mike, Welcome to TG from Chas a Scot in New Zealand. Good decision to join us, best value for money around if you get into TARGET

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic