Hello From Alberta, Canada

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:38 am

My name is Brandon (User 9999) from Alberta Canada. I have been a Target member on an off for about a year and now intend to make it permanent. I have been playing for about 11 years. Have a wife who has a great voice and hope to use the site to help us achieve our goal of playing live.

In comparison to the $40 I spent on lessons for an hour each week, I can now log on and learn, watch, post on the forum, view Neil teaching other students, and check out some of the Acoustic Snapshots, etc. To me there is no comparison. If I forget a lesson I just pull it up and watch again. Invaluable for a guy like me who needs to come back to the basics regularly. Hope to post a song soon. Thanks to Neil, Matt and TG members for such a great resource and great experience.

Happy New Year.

Brandon.

willem

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 am

9999 wrote:
My name is Brandon (User 9999) from Alberta Canada. I have been a Target member on an off for about a year and now intend to make it permanent. I have been playing for about 11 years. Have a wife who has a great voice and hope to use the site to help us achieve our goal of playing live.

In comparison to the $40 I spent on lessons for an hour each week, I can now log on and learn, watch, post on the forum, view Neil teaching other students, and check out some of the Acoustic Snapshots, etc. To me there is no comparison. If I forget a lesson I just pull it up and watch again. Invaluable for a guy like me who needs to come back to the basics regularly. Hope to post a song soon. Thanks to Neil, Matt and TG members for such a great resource and great experience.

Happy New Year.

Brandon.

Happy New year Brandon,,AHHA, you got it all discovered out,,looking forward to an upload,,what is your taste of music???

Willem from the Netherlands, Europe,It comes all to me via cable,what a blast...TG,TV and TK that is

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:38 am

Willem,

I am a fan all good guitar music, but mostly popular music. So the site suits me well. I am in my late 30's so I grew up with Double Fantasy, and the Wings, James Taylor, and Fogelberg still on the radio. My mom used to sing me Jerry Jeff Walker when I was a baby. I am happiest listening to a guitarist play songs I am familiar with...and playing them well. And a couple of pints of beer to improve my musical sensamabilities.

Brandon.

willem

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:07 pm

9999 wrote:
Willem,

I am a fan all good guitar music, but mostly popular music. So the site suits me well. I am in my late 30's so I grew up with Double Fantasy, and the Wings, James Taylor, and Fogelberg still on the radio. My mom used to sing me Jerry Jeff Walker when I was a baby. I am happiest listening to a guitarist play songs I am familiar with...and playing them well. And a couple of pints of beer to improve my musical sensamabilities.

Brandon.

I'm thinkin you gonna make a lot of friends here,,many beer lovers too...and rice shakers..tappers,pickers,strummers,,vocalists,,even a Jerry Jeff Walker performer..

well it is all fun here..

Take care .....later

Willem

BobR

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Welcome Brandon,

Since you're already a Target member you know what's here. Have fun and see you on the forum.

Bob

from Massachusetts

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi Brandon, looks like you're quite understandably hooked (nyahahahaahaahaaa !) ... nice that you posted this intro, welcome :)

Pierre
(Montreal)

willem

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi Brandon and welcome from the Netherlands!

Well, you're probably one of the youngest around here, along with a few others! :P

In any way, very nice introduction and am looking forward to see a video of your playing and maybe your wife singing? That would be really great!

All the best and have fun around here,

cheers

Vanessa

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Welcome to TG forum Brandon, as a member you already know about the amount of stuff here so enjoy :) Maybe see and hear more from you now your out :laugh:

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Agent 99- nice to meet you.

Have fun & happy new year!

dsmarion

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Hello Brandon, welcome from southeast Michigan. I am looking forward to hearing you play and hear about your progress to your goal of playing live.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic