Hello from the Isle of Wight UK

juval

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 pm

My name is Julian and I live on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
I'm the proud owner of a couple of Brook guitars - a Taw and a Bovey. I have bought the Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull packages and am slowly working my way through them. I've always wanted to play some Tull so it's really fantastic that Neil has provided such good lessons. I can play almost recognisable versions of Wond'ring Aloud, Thick as a Brick and Mother Goose which is almost a dream come true! Mind you they are so hard I doubt whether I'll ever get to the stage of being able to play in time and sing along!
Cheers, health and happiness
Julian

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Welcome and greetings fro Switzerland Julian... hope you have some fun here with those songs and that you post a video sometime and join in on the forum.
Chris

dsmarion

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi Julian,

Welcome from southeast Michigan. Cold here the last few days, winter has finally arrived it would seem.

You have high aspirations wanting to learn PF and Tull. Ian Anderson is incredibly hard acoustic to play and my hat's off to you for giving it a go. Floyd is tough stuff too but great stuff as well.

Some people here have put up videos of some of those lessons but you probably can't access them unless you are in Target. Maybe some of them will chime in about the ones they have worked on.

Scott

dtaylor

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi from High Wycombe Julian,
I'd love to hear a little from the Brook guitars if you're prepared to load a video of your playing, they look like serious instruments, could you tell us a little more about them?

Dean

dtaylor

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Welcome from the Netherlands Julian and great to have you aboard!

cheers

Vanessa

lueders

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Welcome Julian!! Sounds like you like some cool stuff! Glad you found the place. I believe you'll like it here! :) :)

Cori

Central Illinois (U.S.A)

juval

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Hello Dean
I was once told to invest in the best guitar you can afford and it will be much easier to play and more enjoyable to learn. At that time I could afford a Brook (although I don't think I could now!). All the info is at www.brookguitars.co.uk. They really are beautiful guitars and if you are lucky enough to be able to afford one I highly recommend you contact them and have a chat. Simon and Andy are great people with a highly skilled team working with them.
Cheers, health and happiness
Julian

dtaylor

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Cheers Julian,
I think it's great advice about playability, and it makes one want to practice if the sheer noise coming out of the guitar is beautiful. I am in the market for a custom made guitar and will definitely look into Brook. Could you upload a sound-test? just a sample of the sound of a few chords and some picking?
Ta,
Dean

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Julian and welcome to TG from Chas in New Zealand. Some serious guitars you have in the Brooks very nice , just checked out the site most impressive. Look forward to hearing you play these beauties. Don't be a stranger to the forum mate.

skaladar

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi Julian … *waves from NYC* and welcome to TG.

Ah, some fine packages you’ve got to work on there. To be sure the intricacies of Ian Anderson’s guitar will keep you busy. You couldn’t have come to a better place to learn. I think Neil’s lessons, particularly for the JT package, are simply outstanding.

I see the Busking channel has threads for both PF and JT already (not that it matters) so by all means, when you feel you’d like share what you’re working on please do so. I think you’ll be surprised at how encouraging and helpful that can be.

♫ Ken ♫

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic