Help I'm upsidedown.Greetings from New Zealand.

z4zander

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 am

:silly: The name is Mike Zander,username z4zander(they keep asking me how it is spelt).I live in a town by the name of Taupo ,pronounced tow po,New Zealand.Dont ask me how I found this site I was just trawling the interweb one wet afternoon and up it popped.I have been playing the guitar for just over 40years.I wouldn't call myself talented as I have to work at it but I just love the whole concept of the guitar.Done all the usual stuff.Played in a rock band when I was younger then got married and had to get a hair cut and a real job.Now I have mellowed somewhat into the acoustic side.My weapon of preference is the 12 string.No doubt you will see my foot prints around.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 am

Welcome Mike! As a fellow 12 player, I look forward to your contributions. Congrats on the hair cut and job.... now you're playing your guitar again, you can let it all grow again!

BTW its mandatory for Kiwis to play naked... see chasplaya's Avatar and post on Neil's Birthday thread. ;-)
Up late eh?

Chris in Switzerland.

willem

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:00 am

One more kiwi(don't they use clothes over there?),,,welcome from the Netherlands,,this is a great site and many(well a view) members have a 12 string gun but they have troubles with that thin G string so it is now a 11 string..

CHAS will chat you in..

Willem

dekotaj

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:14 am

Great to have you on site Mike.Have fun!

Kevin

Music Junkie

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 am

Nice to have you aboard Mike. It might get a little too crazy around here now though with another Kiwi...... Chas has represented well so far, just take Chris' advice and check out the Happy Birthday to Neil thread for the proof..... :woohoo: :woohoo:

Welcome from Southern California. Glad you found us here!

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:59 am

Mine's also really an 11 string Willem as I always remove the E octave string so I can get some bass notes.

willem wrote:
One more kiwi(don't they use clothes over there?),,,welcome from the Netherlands,,this is a great side and many(well a view) members have a 12 string gun but the have troubles with that thin G string so it is now a 11 string..
CHAS will chat you in..
Willem

dsmarion

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Welcome Mike. Hope to hear that 12-string soon. I am a little worried about the words "naked" and "g-string" used in the same thread though. It seems to be a new wave that has hit TG :huh: The group is a bit out of control today it would seem. :dry:

Scott

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Welcome Mike from Chas in Stanmore Bay , North of Aucklandish (meant to be part of Super City but naaa) I'm guessing Dutch descent maybe? I'm Scottish but lived here for 30years so more Kiwi than Scots now. I too play a 12 string from time to time, mine is a Takamine FS400s , whats your weapon of choice? Taupo not too far away maybe a Jam session mi8ght be in order one day... Whats your taste in music these days?

Regards

Chas

PS Were not upside down its the rest of the World that's wrong way up! :laugh:

dennisg

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi Mike,

And welcome from Seattle, USA.

lueders

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Zander, cool name, cool avatar...I like how you were able to reference Floyd & the Holy Space Trilogy in one picture. We've got some folks from your neck of the woods. I think you'll like it here...good folks, and great lessons. All & all it is pretty good place to be! Welcome!

Cori

Champaign-Urbana, IL U.S.A.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic