hello everyone

skaladar

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:35 am

Hi Tom … *waves from NYC* and welcome to TG!

You come to the right place to be sure. Theory, technique, a ginormous amount of songs and other content along with Neil’s unsurpassed approach to teaching music make TG the place to be.

As you’ll quickly see there is also the most friendly and helpful community of people here to spend time with. I hope to hear more from you in the forums.

Enjoy the journey. I know you will :-)

♫ Ken ♫

BobR

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 am

Hi Tom,

Welcome from Massachusetts. Have fun and enjoy.

Bob

tombo1230

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Tommy, from Scotland. A great choice to join the Target program. Congratulations your about to become a better player!

Enjoy the site and the great community.

Tom N.

dekotaj

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:58 am

Tom

Have a great time.Wish you the best in your playing.And yes chat away.Good folks and good music here.

Kevin
Howdy
From northern Illinois

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi Tom and welcome... I guess were all from You Tube, where else are you from?
Chris in Switzerland

tovo

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Hey Tom welcome from Australia. Good choice to join the program, hope you enjoy!

AndyT

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:57 pm

i just relocated to north georgia. i'm most inspired by the classic singe songwriters of the 70's and i guess that is one of the key reasons i really like neil hogans assortment of lessons and song choices.

some of my favorites are simon and garfunkel, james taylor,jim croce, john denver, dan folgelberg in that genre.

some of my other favorite bands and musicians with some acoustic inspired songs are elp, jethro tull, yes, eric clapton.

i think if mark knopfler of dire straits did more acoustic work he would be my favorite guitarist of all time. i think he is such a talented musician and so unique. i never tire of listening to his electric guitar playing. he is my favorite electric guitarist but i wish he did something all acoustic. judging from their song "romeo and juliet" i know it would be something "knopfleresque"

hope to share a lot in the future with you.

happy playing

tom

AndyT

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:00 pm

working on jethro tull's "wond'ring aloud at the moment. i love ian anderson.very cool guy.
i've got the first 16 measures pretty well.

transition from the 16th thru 20th very challenging for me with the timing but i'm working on it.

happy playing

tom

AndyT

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:04 pm

dsmarion wrote:
Hi Tom, welcome fro southeast Michigan! You will find plenty of great songs to work on here. You say you want to improve your technique, I wanted to do that when I came here as well. Were you totally self-taught as many of us were? Do you finger pick or mostly use a flat pick. I know I wanted to learn some proper finger picking technique and there are plenty of lessons for that around here. Glad to have you aboard.

Scott
scott,

i really like fingerpicking and i'm what i would say is "ok" but i want much better than that. i also love to pick so this is the place for me for sure.

took a few lessons for a few years and then the youtube thing. but from what i see the target program will benefit all but the most seasoned players one way or another.

happy playing

tom

tgjameela

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:07 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Tom and welcome... I guess were all from You Tube, where else are you from?
Chris in Switzerland
chris,

brrrr.just the thought of how cold it must be there in winter makes me cringe. i'm in northern atlanta. weather this next week 60"s every day. not bad for january right?

keep yourself warm with some acoustic playing it sure does it for me.

happy playing

tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic