Introduction

johnernestadam

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Howdy Folks,

My name is John and I am looking forward to moving up a level in my Guitar playing through "Totally Guitars".

I started out with a fiew lessons from a guitarist, RIchard Leo Johnson, after seeing him shted on a 12 string guitar.

After that, I was fortunate to learn from Marc Seal's "Guitarmainia" web based training (before the dot com bust).

This site came to my attention while looking for a version of "Landslide" for my nephew.

The link from Youtube got me here and then after reviewing the sample programs, I was in.

In particular, I am interested in understanding the theory in addition to just wiring the song.

That's all for now.

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Welcome John! Glad you found the site. There is plenty of content to keep you busy for a long while. Make sure you look into the Acoustic Genius Series if you are looking for theory work...

Cheers!

MJ

johnernestadam

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks,

While I was putting together my "Introduction", I remembered that I have a video of the concert that inspired me to get started.

Richard Leo Johnson is probably in the "acoustic genious" categoriy; I only had a few introductory lessons from him.

However, it is the basis of my fingerpicking style.

I have attached the video taken at the University of Arkansas Continuing Education Center concert.

He is very percussive and uses alternate tunings almost exclusively.

Lavallee

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi John, welcome to Tg from Montreal Canada. There is plenty here to keep you busy for a few years. Where are you from? Are you learning Lanslide now?

Marc

dsmarion

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi John. Welcome from southeast Michigan. Hope to hear a sample of your playing - there is a busking channel to upload general playing videos as well as a student upload area for lesson videos.

Scott

tovo

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:01 am

Hi John,

Just wanna welcome you from a very cold, snowy and at the moment sunny Holland!

Have fun around here and all the best,

Vanessa

tombo1230

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:26 am

Hi John, welcome from sunny Scotland (Ha ha! cold and miserable and wet really :) )

You have found a great site and community. All you need to do now is choose the songs/lessons and practice and you will improve.
as simple as that. Any problems ask, someone will help you out.

Good luck on your guitar journey! :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:20 am

Welcome John... hope you have a ball here.
Chris

dennisg

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:57 am

Welcome from sunny Seattle. Have a great time and I hope you realize all your guitar dreams here.

johnernestadam

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Hey Marc,

I am from Fayetteville, Arkansas USA

Actually, I just picked up "Lucky Man" by ELP as my first attempt to learn from Neil.

It has been a while since I have played and I need to get my fingers back into shape.

My Epiphone Classical Nylon was just the ticket.

On another note, I am a big fan of Guitar Pro and have a huge database of songs.

It is really cool to practice along with all the other instruments.

I have attached a version of Luck Man.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic