Hello

wg5t

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Have just started lessons at age of 74. Something I always wanted to do but just never made
time for it. Now, I'm afraid the physical limitations of old fingers are beginning to show on
fretting certain chords etc. But I am enjoying it and it's only for my own satisfaction anyway.
The website looks helpful.

daryl

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Welcome. I don't usually reply to these "introductions" but I must say, I am already impressed. Good for you. Everyone here is extremely helpful and supportive. Ask any question and it WILL be answered!

daryl

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Hello WG and welcome to TG. Geez, you make me feel so young!! I'm only 65!

Seriously, I understand your thought process. Sometimes a little success can bring much satisfaction.

Sam

dennisg

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Greetings from Seattle, WG. It's never too late to start playing the guitar. And you never know, it just might keep you alive longer.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Welcome WG, great decision to join TG and to start playing the guitar.
My mum started when she was 46 and inspired me to pick it up so you may wellbe inspiring those around you to do lime wise.
Hope you have a ball here!
Chris in Swiss

Chasplaya

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Good on ya mate, good decision to join us here at Totally Guitars best site going. What is your taste in music and where do you hail from?

willem

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:03 am

welcome from Holland,,litlle wet country but we get spring and summer very sOoN, when i was young I tryed to play ''the house of the rising sun'' on my own it never happend and geuss !!! when i met Neil Hogan I learned it in one week and since that i progress every day with a lot of fun,,,I have not one day despite of joining TARGET,,,SUCH A GREAT PLACE/SITE HERE,,,and even Daryl gave you an welcome,,normaly he has'nt the time for this 'cos he play's the whole day with his tools,,

Have fun and learn..

Willem

michelew

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:05 am

A big Hi from sunny Syndey.

You've come to the right place to learn regardless of age. You're never to old to start and lets face it it's all about attitude and passion anyway. Apparently I'm 45 but some days I'm 85 some days 15 others... 6. :)

Everyone has trouble fretting and changing chords when they first start. And everyone finds that it gets easier with practice and some good guidance. Just watch Neil's introductory videos, get involved and think about joining Target. And of course play regularly, just little bits at a time at first.

You'll love it here.

Above all have fun. :) what should we call you?

Michele

dsmarion

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:28 am

Hi WG and welcome from southeast Michigan. Have fun learning and playing.

Scott

abiliog

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:55 am

Welcome WG,
It's never to late. If you are enjoying it than you're on the right track
Don't let those chords win on you. Some are more difficult than others but with some persistence they will become our friends :)
Have fun learning and playing,
Abilio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic