Hello!

trix606

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi,
My name is Harry and I've been a target member for several months now and just recently decided to stop by the forums.
I'd taken lessons some thirty odd years ago. Last year a friend who I used to jam with passed away suddenly. That event provoked memories of the fun I had playing guitar. Last year I bought a guitar and started playing again.

I have to say things have improved greatly for those learning guitar over the last thirty years. I was amazed at the amount of information available online or through online stores. I wished I had access to all this information back when I first started playing.

I soon found that even though there was a ton of lessons and videos, it was becoming harder and harder to figure out which one would be right for me. I've always felt best when I had actual songs that I could play rather than a bunch of licks. In my search for songs and tutorials I came across TotallyGuitars. I was impressed with the way Neil breaks down the songs and put the lessons together.
I'm now happy to include several of the songs here in my repertoire ) and have started jamming with a new group of players.

I look forward learning a lot more on these forums.

Harry (trix606)

dennisg

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi Harry,

And welcome from sunny Seattle. Your story is like a lot of ours who quit playing for long stretches and then resumed. In my case, I knew a few chords about 40 years, then barely touched the guitar until about 2.5 years ago, after my brother passed away.

I hope this site fulfills all your guitar dreams and provides a never-ending source of inspiration.

By the way, where are you located?

- Dennis

willem

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi Harry,,welcome from the Netherlands,,lot of fun here he,,I am here from the beginning and its hard for me to learn a song the whole way thru with all the great lessons here but so now and then I nail one..the ones I really want I stick with now...

Hope you have a lot of fun,

Will see you then on the forum,,goodluck,,cheers

Willem

ps Look out for some muppets..

RicksPick

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:47 am

Hello Harry

Nice to see you on the forum

RicksPick

BobR

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 am

Hello Harry,

You've definitely come to the right site. It has everything you need to learn or relearn.

Have FUN !!

Bob

from Massachusetts

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 am

Welcome Harry... look forward to seeing you around the forums.
Chris in Swiss

jimcjimc

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi Harry,
Welcome to the forum. And thanks again for voting for the John Hiatt lesson.
Jim from Cupertino CA

haoli25

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Hello Harry. Welcome to the TG Forum. I hope enjoy your time here. If you need any help finding your way around, just ask.

Bill Image

Fred

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Welcome Harry and greetings from San Jose, CA! Looking forward to "seeing" you as some of my lessons with Neil (I see him weekly) are posted to the Fly on the wall section.

Again welcome.

Best-
Fred

tombo1230

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Welcome from Scotland Harry.

Tom.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic