Hello...

handimick

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:46 am

Hi guys, just a quick message to say hello, I`m new to the world of guitars, I brought a acoustic guitar last year and now have a electric also, massive amount to learn, look forward to getting to know some of ou good people.

dennisg

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:52 am

Hi Mick,

A big welcome from soggy Seattle. What kind of guitar did you buy and what kind of songs are you interested in playing? You'll find lots to love here, but you'll really unlock the best stuff when you become a Target member.

Have a great time.

- Dennis

handimick

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:01 am

Hi dennis, I always wanted to play the guitar, I regret not doing it earlier, I seems to harder to learn stuff the older you get, I brought a cheap Falcon to get started as I did`nt know if I would last, my electric guitar is a fender, or is a copy by fender??, I seem to be getting a bit bogged down at the moment, I have a problem with one of the strings on the electric guitar in that I cannot stop it making a tinging sound on the neck somewhere, the string seems loose... anyway I like the acoustic, it sounds sweet...

Music Junkie

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:40 am

Mick:

Welcome from sunny Southern California. Glad you found the site. Like you, I waited til I was older to get started. Like Dennis mentions, a Target Membership is really the way to go if you are truly interested. Some of the best content on the net, or anywhere else! You might have your local store look at the fender for the buzz. Might just need a little adjustment on the bridge. Especially if it is only one string. Hope you have fun, and I look forward to hearing more from you in the forums here.

Cheers!

MJ

Fred

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Hello Mick:

Welcome! Our stories are similar - like you I always wanted to play the guitar (and I actually had one as a kid), but I never really buckled down to practice. As I got older, I realized that I still had the itch and since my kids were (nearly) grown, I picked it up about 4.5 years ago. I take lessons from Neil and I'm sure you'll find the site extremely useful.

Good Luck!

Best-

Fred

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:47 am

Welcome handimick... enjoy the ride and look forward to anything you'd like to post.
Chris in Swiss

Chasplaya

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:35 pm

HI Handmick, Welcome to the site, but as Dennis says TARGET is where the really cool stuff is at. Where are you from mate? Look forward to hearing more from you.

Chas a Scot in New Zealand.

haoli25

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Sit down and stay awhile, Mick. You will have a lot of fun here.

Bill

tombo1230

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Welcome Mick and enjoy the vast array of teaching available to you on this site.

Tom N.

silvermatter

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Welcome!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic