HELLO FROM NEW ORLEANS,LA

clydeortego

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:53 pm

My Name is CLyde Ortego, and I am from New Orleans , La.

I own a Silvertone Six String Acoustic actually it is my wives she just lets me learn on it.

I do own a baritone Ukulele.

Neil I was wondering what type of guitar do you play in your lesson videos , I think it is in the Takamine family?

Have a great day and keep strumming.

Thank YOU

Clyde Ortego

Lavallee

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi Clyde Welcome to TG from Montreal Canada. This is a great to place to learn or share guitar. Neil's guitar is an Ed Claxton's . How about yourself, how long have you played? Do you play a lot of Ukelele? quite a few TGers own Ukelele

I was in New Orleans, 2 weeks ago. Took a little visit on Bourbon street, good fun

Marc

tovo

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:02 am

Hey Clyde welcome aboard from another dude way down South. South Australia actually. New Orleans is a place I would love to visit for its rich music history. How are things after the big floods, is the city recovering? Enjoy your time here on TG and welcome aboard.

dennisg

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:34 am

Hey, Clyde, welcome from Seattle -- at the diagonally opposite end of America. Have a great time here.

- dennis

clydeortego

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Hey Marc:

Glad to meet you online.

I have been playing the Guitar off and on for about a year after ai got it fixed froma broken neck.

I have had the Baritone Uku for around almost two years and i mostly play it around the house for the wife and my mother.

How about you what is your favorite type of music to play, I like coutry and Folk.

More later.

Clyde Ortego

clydeortego

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Good Da:

Yes the city is recovering nicely and businesses are coming back slowly but surely.

The city does have a great richness in music history from al hirt to pete fountain to Louis Armstrong which our airport is named after.

We have everything from Jazz to blues to R & B and even street performers in the french quarter.

If You come to visit try the Mardi Grasi Time it is a wild party and all the clubs will be fired up.

Have a great day

CLyde Ortego :cheer:

clydeortego

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Hey Dennis:

Glad to meet you:

I have always wanted to visit Seattle and see the town.

What kind of Guitar do you play?

I play a Silvertone from the 1960's as I said It belongs to my wife and she lets me play on it.

It is alot of fun for me cause I had two Uncles who played Guitar semi Professional for a while until there death.

So I guess it is in my Genes and I can pick up some chords easily along with rythmn.

Have a great day

Clyde Ortego :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic