Introducing Myself

Music Junkie

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:58 am

Hi Ken, and welcome from Ventura, CA. I am not one to join websites most of the time, but this has been the wonderful exception for me. After taking lessons for a few years, it was just such a huge savings for the level of information that is available on this site. Plus, we have such a great community here that is always supportive and helpful during your studies and practice. I really believe that you will agree.

Hope to see you around the forums... B)

MJ (Jason)

tovo

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi Ken,

I think this is an excellent site for someone who wants to learn fingerpicking, plenty of good tunes to tackle and I think Neil's method of teaching picking patterns is really easy to follow. With a bit of application you will be picking in no time.

Welcome aboard.

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 am

HI Ken.

Late to the party its all been said if you haven't got the message that TG is a great place to be and the full programme is the way to go then you're reading a different forum to me lol. Welcome mate sit back relax and inhale it all in then do it all over and over and over lol

Chas in NZ thats New Zealand which is not in Holland or the Netherlands as some would believe lol it also not part of Australia either although it probably should be

BigBear

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi Ken!! Big welcome to TG from Portland, Oregon. The other Portland!!

You found the best guitar site on the web if you like acoustic music. If you join the TARGET program, which you absolutely should, there are tons of great songs of all difficulties and challenges. Some people don't understand that this is not a song site. It's not about songs, it's about learning the guitar and applying what you learn to a variety of songs. But virtually every song that Neil does a lesson on has some specific technique or challenge that he wants us to learn.

I joined TARGET the first week it started and it has been the single greatest investment in music training and learning I've ever made. I own hyndreds of books and videos and nothing compares.

So we're very glad you joined us and we hope you join us on the TARGET side soon. You won't regret it, we promise!!

Happy playin' and cheers!! :cheer:

BTW- Lots and lots of Taylor players but Martins are starting to be in the minority. It's a passionate but friendly debate! lol!

tvarga

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:05 am

Hi Ken,
Welcome from northeast Massachusetts. (We might be pretty close)
I've been a member since the beginning and have enjoyed and benefited from it immensely.
I have learned so much from Neil ... especially finger-picking techniques.
Check out all the videos that have been uploaded for review.
Good luck and have fun!
-Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic