Hello there, Guitar players :)

thuram

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm Arturo, from Mexico city, I went to guitar lessons for 3 years when I was a kid, different teachers, different methods, but I couldn't find someone to teach me to play classic rock back then, almost all my teachers were into latin ballads and I was not very fond of that music, so I didn't get to love it as I wanted, nor practiced as that music didn't get me going. One of them taught me a bit of classic music and so I learned to read pentagram music sheets, I'm totally out of practice there nowadays.

About a year and a half ago, my son wanted to learn, so I took back the instrument and as we have internet now, I could find many tabs of music that I love, so we started rockin'. I've found out that all those lessons were not in vain, due to the fact that he is getting to be very good at this, so I've registered here to have a guide to help us to hone our guitar skills.

Thank you Neil for making this place possible, I've seen many of your videos on YouTube, you're great as a teacher, so I'm sure this site will be very helpful. We're very short on $$$ these days (hopefully will change that in the future) but for now, I'll try to get the most out of your free lessons; thanks again.

So, as we used to say some time ago, party on people :D

dennisg

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Hello, Arturo, from Seattle. Glad to see that you're enjoying the site. Stick with it and you'll be playing all your classic rock favorites in no time.

willem

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:36 am

Hey Arturo,,this site feels like a second home,,I hope that dollars will come your way and then go for the TARGET program 'cos thats the place to be,,maybe I can suggest you subscribe that for only a month,,what I mean is you can alway's cancel after a month and then you have taste it..there are hundreds of great lesson there so you can search for which you like and purchase it by lesson or packedge,,,so this is just an idea!!!!

welcome

Willem from Holland/Overijssel (Netherlands)

tombo1230

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:20 am

Welcome Arturo, fom sunny Scotland.
I hope you enjoy yourself here. As Willem said previously, Target is the place to learn most. Hopefully your circumstances will improve and you will be able to reap the rewards from some great lessons. :)

Cheers,

Tom N.

thuram

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks guys, dennisg, willem, tombo1230, for your welcome posts.

From what I've seen, yes, Target is the place to be, so I'm on it, my only regret is that this site wasn't active back in the 70's :D Keep on rockin' !

Arturo :)

Lavallee

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Ola Arturo and welcome to TG from Montreal Canada. Interesting that your story about going back to guitar because of your son is exactly the same as mine. You have found the best place to keep your enthusiasm for guitar at the highest level.

Have fun

Marc

tovo

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Hello mate from Australia. Enjoy the site and I hope you can find a way to get into the Target program at some point so that you can access many great tunes.

BobR

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Welcome Arturo,

This is a great site and you're sure to find a lot to learn here. I can only second what others have already said, the Target program is the place to be if at all possible for you.

Bob

from Massachusetts

thuram

Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:25 am

Lavalle, Tovo, BobR, thanks guys :)

peleus

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Welcome Thuram. Enjoy your stay here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic