Hi All

pjwhite

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:11 am

Hi All,

Been on the site for a few months just now getting around to saying hi.

I must say that Neil is a great instructor and has got me going in the right direction.

I don't know where to make Lesson Requests, but I would really love to see "Hard Time Killing Floor Blues" That's the song that got me wanting to pickup the guitar.

Thanks,

Phil

dennisg

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:07 am

Hi Phil,

Greetings and welcome from sunny Seattle. Where are you? What kind of guitar(s) do you play? And what type of music do you hope to play? I'm not familiar with the song you mentioned. How long have you been playing?

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:18 am

Hi Phil

Welcome from Ventura, CA. If you look over at the left side of your screen while in the forum, you will find a link for "Recommend a Lesson". Click on that and it will take you there.

Where are you from? What type of guitar do you play? What styles of music float your boat?

J

pjwhite

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Dennis

I'm in Portland almost neighbors.

I've got a Loar LO-16-BK small body acoustic guitar. I'm a fan of the blues, working on country (fingerpicking) blues style. Been playing the guitar since April, I have been playing the mandolin for about 3 years mostly Medieval and Irish tunes. Coming from the Mandolin i really have to work on stretching my fingers now.

here's a youtube link to Chris Thomas King version. I think it's originally a Skip James song.

Go Seahawks!

-phil

RicksPick

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi Phil
Welcome to the forum
From a sunny rainny England

RicksPick

tovo

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi Phil welcome from Australia. You're already tops in my book because you have introduced me to Chris Thomas King. Just listening to some of his work now. I like, like, like it!

Welcome to the forum. If you put your request into a lesson request you will definitely have my vote.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:25 am

Hi Phil, welcome to guitar paradise! Great Chris Thomas King clip! Amazing, I can hear the echoes of your mandolin and medieval song preferences in that clip... makes sense. I have to say, I really do like the sound of this kind of Delta Blues.
Have a great time here.
Chris in Swiss.

PS: Where should the Seahawks go to? :-)

peleus

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi PJ. Stay for a while and enjoy the people around here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic