New here

mithcd

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Everyone. Finally retired and got all the time in the world. First stop is to learn playing the guitar. Great to be here. Hope to learn this beast quickly.

willem

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Hello,,welcome from Holland..this is a great place for spending much free time,,

Don't be a stranger but be a friend..

Willem

BigBear

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Big welcome from Portland, Oregon!! First off, what do you go by and where do you live? I'm Rick but everyone knows me as Big Bear. You'll find lots of "old-timers" here, including me, in various stages of learning. But definitely more beginners than experts.

So jump in and take advantage of all the great stuff here for learners and make sure to ask questions and participate in this forum. You'll be pleasantly surprised all the help you'll get with any problems you're having. Whatever problems you encounter, we've all had the same ones before you!

Happy playing and cheers! :cheer:

dennisg

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi from Seattle.

I have no idea what your music knowledge or guitar aptitude is, but a lot of us were able to get up and running by putting in a couple of months of daily work. Guitar playing, in the beginning, is often bewildering, maddening, and painful -- but once you break on through to the other side, it's hard to imagine moving through life without a guitar in your hands for at least a small part of the day. The ability to learn to play a song somewhat like the original artist did is an intoxicating experience that just keeps getting better. Stick with it and you'll be there in no time. If a lumberjack like me can progress far enough to actually make decent sounds come out of a guitar, you can too.

What kind of songs are you hoping to learn? What kind of guitar do you play? Where do you live?

- dennis

RicksPick

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Hello and welcome from the UK

RicksPick

familyman4

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Welcome mithcd,

You have found a perfrect site to start learning this "beast' as you call it. It certainly can be a beast, or a friend that you can turn to in times of joy or sorrow. As others have said, it is very friendly around here so drop in often and enjoy the forum.

Now that you have retired, learn as much as you can quickly and be sure to take a guitar with you when you travel. It is awesome to have a guitar with you so you can stay focused on whatever song you are working on at the time, or just killing some time while you enjoy natures beauty.

Good luck and make those fingures sore:)

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic