Hi fellow guitarists

benfield113

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 am

Hi all,

Andy from sunny (sometimes) Brighton in England here.

I've just gone through the 'Beginner's course' and although I've been playing for some time, I've learned a lot from it. I'm very tempted to join the Target program. There are a lot of songs I'd like to learn there. Alternative would be some private lessons, but this seems somehow better.

Cheers,

Andy

dennisg

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:39 am

Hi Andy,

And welcome from (temporarily) sunny Seattle, Washington.

I would recommend trying out the Target program for a month to see if it jibes with the way you like to be taught. It works very well for me because I really appreciate being able to rewind the lessons to go over material again and again -- something you can't do with live lessons. Another advantage to the Target program is that you can post progress videos of yourself and receive suggestions from Neil (the instructor) and encouragement from everyone else.

Whichever way you go with this, thanks for checking in, and I hope you enjoy the site.

- dennis

willem

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 am

welcome from rainy (today and tomorrow)Holland,,,

If your read Dennis his welcome post and you folow that then your on your way to become a guitarist musician and play all the songs you want with the tools Neil brought to us..

Willem

tombo1230

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 pm

benfield113 wrote:
Hi all,

Andy from sunny (sometimes) Brighton in England here.

I've just gone through the 'Beginner's course' and although I've been playing for some time, I've learned a lot from it. I'm very tempted to join the Target program. There are a lot of songs I'd like to learn there. Alternative would be some private lessons, but this seems somehow better.

Cheers,

Andy
Good for you Andy. Sometimes you can gain a lot by revisiting the basics, a good foundation to build on.

As well as Target there is Target light, or lite, in America. Also you can buy individual lessons or a group of lessons. More choice than you think.
I am a Target member and love what I get for my cash, namely great lessons and great value.

Tom, from not so sunny Scotland.
p.s. I actually visited Brighton about 11 years ago and the sun was splitting the trees! Loved the place. :)

michelew

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:04 am

Hi Andy, welcome from indeed grey and rainy Holland.....! :S :(

I guess it's true, it's actually amázing how much you get out of Target for .....how much? It really ain't much if you ask me, but the content of Target is endless...at least it feels that way, haha! :laugh: If you can afford it, you won't regret it! In my opinion there is no better place to learn to play the guitar online or better teacher.

In any way, hope you'll enjoy the site and the forum, lots of support over there which everyone needs sometimes.

Best of luck!

cheers

Vanessa

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 am

Hi Andy from an overcast and rainy Switzerland. Making that choice to join TARGET will kick start your progress in a way you can't yet imagine. All of us TARGET members made the step and I have never heard of anyone who didn't think it was one of the best moves they ever made in terms of advancing their playing ability... not to mention the teaming up with other members which is a real blast.

What I pay for TARGET for 6 months would get me almost 2 private lessons... the progress I make with 1 week TARGET is already out guns 2 private lessons by far. Was a very easy choice for me.... and we're talking Neil Hogen here, an absolute master teacher.

That's one small step for a man.... but a rocked boost for your playing. Oh and, as we're fond of saying here: remember, you can check-out any time you want... but you can never leave!

;-) Welcome.
Chris

RicksPick

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:39 am

Hello Andy
Welcolme from Lincoln England
Target is the best thing since sliced bread
And cheeper than a months worth of bread
Its the friendlest place on the net
Have fun

RicksPick

BobR

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Andy,

As if you can't tell, the Target program is a great place to be. I highly recommend it.

Good Luck

Bob

from Massachusetts

heyjoe

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Andy

Welcome from a sunny but windy Ashington.
As everyone has said, Target is a good place to be, lots of videos you can learn from, over and over again if you need to, and correct tablature, which is a rare thing on the internet. I'd also recommend posting your own progress videos, its a very positive environment here, people will help you improve, and if you ever have questions, some one on here will know the answer, the forum goers are full of guitar experience.

Good luck

Joe

mithcd

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Welcome. There should be a lot of songs that you can learn here. I took a quick look and the list is updated almost every day. Just make sure you allocate time in learning and you'll do fine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic