New Target Member

tacticaltal

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the site, well, I've been looking at it for some time, but just recently decided to join.

From Evansville, IN

Been playing for 30 years, but never studied theory and know very little about scales, etc. I'm interested mostly in particular songs (country style), but won't get upset if I need to do some theory as well.

what you all think?

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:11 am

Hi there and welcome from Holland!

Well this must sound like a 'line', but i find it to be really true, joing Target is the best thing you could've done for expanding your guitarskills and theoryknowledge. It definitely is for me, and I have been playing for 30+ years too.

As for theory, Neil usually goes through a little of it when doing a lesson on a song, so that will already teach you a lot. Other than that, I think the Acoustic Genius Series are just fantastic, so watch some of that while learning the songs you want to play particular.

In any way, feel free to drop your questions or feedback here in the forum, it's really a friendly and brotherly place to be. Oh, and don't forget, post a video of your playing, I'm sure Neil would really like to review newcomers! :)

cheers

Vanessa

willem

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:59 am

Hi,a welcome as well from Holland..

Your choice to join T.A.R.G.E.T is a good one even if you play for thirty years,,well that is what I hear a lot from other people that played so long and they say ''I wish you were there 30 years ago what they mend is maybe they could do the same thing in 15 years and be a better guitarist/mucisian. I don't know really but....!!
I am here from the beginning and learned a lot and it is just how much time you give it to your self(practicing),,but it is also that when you took a lesson here and you think you nailed it then it is maybe good to film yourself and upload it to the review side and get a bonus lesson from our Neil ''cos there are always things to improve more..or when you have a problem with a transition or a difficult skill just ask the man or our members..there are some great ones under us...

what I mend is that it is you that teaches your self with taken a lesson and it is great to share or show it with a upload(when you think it is ready) and get a lot of support and a bow etc

Willem

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:13 am

Hello tacticaltal

Welcome to TG you won't regret being a TARGET member.
There's an abundance of information here for all levels of player.
You'll be lucky to get through it in two life times never mind one.
You'll never be stuck for something new

Neil teaches theory in all his song lessons for those interested and breaks down every lesson into practical manageable parts.
For me it all takes time to absorb others are like sponge absorbing everything.
The great thing is you just learn at your own pace ... measure by measure and regular practice.

What artists do you like.
Have you considered entering a few of your favourite songs in Recommend a lesson section?

Thereshopeyet

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:50 am

Welcome from Switzerland tactical, great move joining TARGET! You will certainly get what you need (and have always resisted here!) ;-). Have a ball!
Chris

cosmicmechanic

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:32 am

Hi tac, you'll love it here ...

tacticaltal wrote:
... I'm interested mostly in particular songs (country style) ...
I'm curious, though, since "country style" can mean many things. Strummers? Fingerstyle? Bluegrass? And even more ...
Something about all of these "country" styles appeals to me a lot these days.

Feel free to fill us in on some details :)

Pierre

dennisg

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Tac,

And welcome from rainy Seattle. As Nessi and others have said, joining the Target program is the best thing you can do for your playing. Make the most of it and all your guitars objectives will be realized.

Hydroman52

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Hey tac,

Welcome, and be sure to check out songs that you aren't interested in playing, too. They all have hidden gems of information in them that you can apply to other songs that you will play in the future. It can be sort of like a treasure hunt.

Yamaha48

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi Tac.

A warm welcome from Holland.
Hope to see a lot of video''s from you.

Anton

familyman4

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Well hello there Mr Evansville Indiana.

I grew up in Southern Illinois, your neck of the woods :) Then we moved to Newburgh for 6 years, then Indianapolis for 6 years and now am in Goodyear Arizona. We were neighbors not so long ago...I am still a huge COLTS fan!!!

Welcome to TG and have a blast. lots of great people here and Neil is the best teacher you can ever find! He makes it look easy but with practice and the right attitude, you'll learn a lot quickly.

Welcome!
Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic