Introducing myself

macwildstar

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:19 pm

willem wrote:
welcome from Zwolle,,Netherlands

Well great you have some chords down and you can use them for 10000 songs,,the F could give you some trouble(the barred F) and that takes a year or so to get down,,you can always use the little F...If you working on the C it is just een easy way to the Am chord,,and I suggest you work on some minor chords 'cos we need them in many songs,,lets say the song is in A,, the scale would be ABC#DEF#G#-A..many songs are build on the 1-4-5 chords which are in the key of A: A-D-E and you know A&D allready and the E is not so difficult..

chords in the key of A are A-Bm-C#m-D-E-F#m-G#dim(or G#7)..

goodluck on your yourney,,the guitar yourney that is..

Willem

PS thx Neil for learning me that and it was not in my mothers language :laugh: B)

T.A.R.G.E.T program is the place to be....
Ya know, I know what you said, but still cannot say it myself..ha ha.. yeah, a lot of info to absorb, but since I am retired early, I have plenty of time..

And that F chord, wow, what a stretch for my hand. That's giving me fits right now. But I will get it sooner or later.

macwildstar

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Welcome from sunny southern California.... B)

Your interest in campfire style songs is the same as mine. This is a great place to get there. I would highly recommend a Target membership, and a tour through the Acoustic Genius Series of lessons. From there, scroll through the lessons, and take a peek and those lessons with a number of 4 or less to begin with. They will open a bunch of doors for you.... ;)

Also, as questions arise, make sure to ask them here in the forum, and you will get answers and help very quickly.

Cheers!

MJ
Well, I just finished the basic beginners course.. with about a 75 percent grade, in my opinion.. about ready to move up to something else, but I have to get myself back into a daily practice mode.. and then I will be ready..

Right now my big thing is my left arm/wrist/fingers.. they are all out of shape, and after about half an hour I have to call it quits for a bit. Fingers are not bad, but the callouses are building slowly.

And after 15 years working in the Tool making industry, my hands are not used to this kind of movement. I can type with them ok, but fingering strings on a guitar is a new thing for them and its taking time to get them trained properly.

Lookin' forward to learning more here though, now that I'm getting a bit more settled down and am in final stages of recovery, I.e. back to normal life.

michelew

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Hey there and also welcome from Holland! :)

Great to have you aboard and just wanna wish you lots of fun learning to play the guitar!

Well I've been playing the guitar for a lóng time, but to be honest, I still prefer to play ánd sing campfire-songs. ;)

Do you like to sing as well??

Happy playing and cheers!

Vanessa

BobR

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi macwildstar,

As you can tell there are lots of folks here willing and able to help you on your guitar journey.

Have fun and build those callouses :laugh:

Bob

from Massachusetts

mithcd

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Welcome buddy. Enjoy your stay here.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Welcome Mac, I'm working with daughter on Horse with no name right now... good place to start!
That barred F chord is a rite of passage so good luck with it... it will succumb to your fingers eventually ;-)!
Chris in Swiss

tombo1230

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Firstly hi maxwildstar and welcome from Scotland.

Congratulations on recovering from your major surgery, ain't life sweet? I know your guitar journey is going to be a lot of fun for you. Enjoy everything that the site has to offer and remember there are no stupid questions, just unasked ones. If you need help, all you have to do is post a question.

Campfire songs are fun and help you to get good at rythme, they are a great place to start and can help you get a repertoire going, so have fun and just keep adding skills to your toolbox as Neil would say. :)

Cheers,

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic