Hello from Germany

ralf2307

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:30 am

Hello to everyone,

I'm a new member. My name is Ralf, I'm from Germany and play guitar since over 30 years. In the past my guitar playing was focused more
on the singer/songwriter genre - so it was literally more strumming than fingerpick style . In 2007 I had booked a fingerstyle workshop in Italy
and was fascinated by the different styles and influences.

Generally I am interested to learn constantly and improve my playing by adding more and more patterns and technique. Lindsey Buckingham
is one of my favorite artists and "Never going back again" was actually my first connecting with fingerstyle. Besides I love hawaiian key slack style
(Hapa) and have been to the islands many timesI always appreciate making new contacts out there to everyone and wish you a good time

Kindest regards,

Ralf

dtaylor

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Ralf, Lindsey Buckingham was my inspiration to learn fingerstyle guitar too, you've come to the right place to improve your playing. Hope you enjoy the ride.
Dean in England.

dennisg

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 am

Guten tag aus Seattle, Ralf.

Welcome to TG. It's the best learning site on the internet and the most supportive. Have a great time here.

- dennis

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Herzlichen Willkommen Ralf! Wo bist du in Deutschland?

Hope you have great time here and join in with all the fun.

Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Chris

willem

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Ralf, welcome from the Netherlands,,I love singer/songwriters especially when they invend new sounds or make great lyrics..

This is the best learning and supportive guitar site there is,,I've seen his birth like many others.

I have a great time here but also a hard one,,

cheers

Willem(a real Dutch name)

tombo1230

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Hallo und Willkommen to Totally Guitars Ralf.

I look forward to seeing your progress, Fingerstyle guitar playing is just cool and a whole lot of fun.

This is a great site for learning any style. The only way to fail would be not to practice, so get stuck in!

Tom N aus Schottland. :)

BigBear

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Ralf- Herzlichen gruβ aus Portland, Oregon. Als Chris gefragt hat, wo wohnst du in Deutschland? Ich habe in Hanau außerhalb Frankfurt für drei Jahre gelebt aber ich bin alle über Deutschland gewesen. Ihr Englisch ist viel besser als mein Deutsch so ich werde fortsetzen, sich auf Englisch zu unterhalten. Vielleicht später könnten wir auf Deutsch unterhalten. Ich brauche viel Praxis. *BG*

I hope you enjoy Totally Guitars and please use the main forum, this one, to stay in touch! We are a small, international community of music lovers and everyone shares their problems and successes. We all learn together.

Glückliche spielend und viel spaβ!!

Tschuβ! :cheer:

BobR

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Welcome Ralf,

I am sure you'll learn and have lots of fun here. It is quite a supportive community.

Bob
from Massachusetts

jayswett

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Given your description of what you like to play, it would seem that you are in the right place.

Germany is such a lovely country. I spent five of the best months of my life in Bitburg.

I look forward to seeing you post a video of some kind.

tacticaltal

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:13 am

Hi Ralf,

I, too, have an interest in fingerpicking. The site has some good players in that genre, and I'm sure you'll get your money's worth of information from Neil and the rest of us.

Whenever you have any problems, just jump in here in the forums and let us know. You'll get a lot of support.

Welcome from USA.

Terry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic