how do I use this website!

tony199315

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi, I just signed up here and my name is Tony. From the advertisement, I thought I would get 60 free guitar lessons with signing up. I have been searching everywhere on this site and all I get is either a video telling me to buy the lessons or a video or a preview and then the guy talking about theory but never actually teaching the song. I don't understand how this website works and it's driving me crazy because I really want to learn Aime by Pure Prairie League and lots of other songs too!! Please help and welcome me, this is very frustrating ...

Thanks,
Tony

tombo1230

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:39 pm

tony199315 wrote:
Hi, I just signed up here and my name is Tony. From the advertisement, I thought I would get 60 free guitar lessons with signing up. I have been searching everywhere on this site and all I get is either a video telling me to buy the lessons or a video or a preview and then the guy talking about theory but never actually teaching the song. I don't understand how this website works and it's driving me crazy because I really want to learn Aime by Pure Prairie League and lots of other songs too!! Please help and welcome me, this is very frustrating ...

Thanks,
Tony
Hi Tony,
welcome to Totally Guitars. The free stuff is available from the blue bar above. If you click on guitar lessons, then free song a week lessons you should have a choice of what is available for free. These are not as in depth as the Target lessons which are broken down into small pieces and thoroughly explained.

The more complex, in depth lessons you can purchase as a package, or if you join the Target program membership you have access to all of the great lessons available here, with new ones arriving every day during the week. I am just a member and not a sales person incase you are wondering. We also have a great forum with a thriving community where everyone helps and encourages each other. We can upload busking videos and some members do collaboration videos which are very cool. Neil is a first class teacher with in depth knowledge.

I hope you enjoy it here, most people do. :)

Tom N.

familyman4

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Hello and welcome to this wondeful site. Listed below are a few areas that you can get to, to find your way around. I will also suggest that when you "log on", you immediately go to TG Central. This is where you will be able to get onto the forum, or navigate just about anywhere you want to. (To get to this spot, click on "Community" in the blue bar then "TG Central". you will be where I'm speaking of.)

3) The 3rd & my final suggestion for beginners would be: On the left side of this page, "Beginners Blueprint - Start". If u r a beginner & struggling to find your starting point, now u can jump right in.

2) Also on the top blue bar of the page, "tips, techniques, Theory & Styles" will give you a nice roadmap to follow.

1) You will learn a lot just exploring, but also on the left side you see the "Beginner's Genius" section? That would be a great place to start.

So, enjoy this site and yes, Aimie is certainly a fantastic song to learn. Really good leads and nice strumming patterns. Once you get settled in, you will find the TG site pretty easy to get around on.

Welcome and enjoy!
Bart

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:37 am

Welcome Tony. I remember never being able to find things on websites... until I joined TG and posted my first ever internet comments in the forum. The site has grown since then (3 years ago) and there is so much stuff here. Quickest way to your 60 free lessons is just look to the left of this post and you will see under the green MASTER MENU, free lessons (see screen shot below). Couldn't be easier! ;-) Have fun exploring... if in doubt, just click on something and see what it is. Oh, and an IT friend of mine once gave me invaluable advice on how to find/do things on the computer/web: RTFS! :-) Have fun! Image

daryl

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:09 am

Chris, What's the "S" in RTFS?

willem

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:35 am

tony199315 wrote:

Thanks,
Tony

Click on the left side of the page on free lesson,,then click on the lesson you want and then a little advertise video starts after its over the lesson should start..

Welcome..

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:17 pm

daryl wrote:
Chris, What's the "S" in RTFS?
Screen

as in, Read The "Funny" Screen!

...one of the best lessons I ever learned while getting to grips with computers back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth... it was a Mac btw, the computer, not the dinosaur :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic