Hello from Ccccold Canada

rodman1

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:01 am

Hello there fellow guitar players . I just wanna say a few things here...I just signed up for the Free Lessons at present and this is my first post an hour after gaining some hard-fought access (computer illiteracy showed up).Brother annd I have been playing since we were 12 maybe 13...he still plays semi-professionally, at least its been part of his income for past 35 years...me , nice collection of accoustics but just a closet player...maybe occasionally with select old friends .
I have been guitar-song-surfing for over 15 years...am a senior of 58 yrs...so I started trying some links when Google first became prominenent...tried many "learn a song-guitar" links...even signed up with one (W. Coast Canada)...always liked what Neil Hogan had to offer...not just the selection but mostly the presentation , mood and his demeanor . So today again I do a google search for a seasonal favourite , a first time search for this one "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" and one of the links is "Neil Hogan " again...yes ! Actually listened/watched one other before Neil's version .I was sure this song was always played capo on 2nd fret? Still am . I have played a pretty accurate version of this song for 15 years myself...but as the anniversary approaches in a few days I don't exactly know why , maybe the weather (I live on Lake Superior), or seasonable airtime in media...whatever...its in my head recently and so....the time to listen Gordon Lightfoots original (and more recent) presentations .
At any rate ...this site looks awesome and Neil Hogan actually gives it meaning and life...seems real genuine , no bs...lets have fun playing kinda attitude . However I can't believe that you would associate yourself with the other offer to download the "Neil's 11 Beatles Songs " digital download...just give us your email and password info...whats that? Do people actually stumble into that ? Is it meant to read as I interpretted it ?

rodman1

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Hello from Ccccold canada
Hi Rodman, welcome to TG! Nice to hear your story and I hope you have a ball here. Don't worry about the offer of Neil's Beatles songs, its kosher, you are just being asked to invite a friend, if you do you get the songs. I signed my sister up last week so I saw the offer... but already won his songs way back in one of the fun competitions we had here during the start-up days.

Great that you live on Lake Superior, I just love that song and the rest of Gordo's stuff. Even posted it here on the busking threads a while back playing with Canadian founder member Lavalee. I have to say, I was a newcomer to websites when I signed up here... but you can ask for help anytime and folks will come running. Have a ball!

Chris in Swiss

rodman1

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Hi Rodman, welcome to TG! Nice to hear your story and I hope you have a ball here. Don't worry about the offer of Neil's Beatles songs, its kosher, you are just being asked to invite a friend, if you do you get the songs. I signed my sister up last week so I saw the offer... but already won his songs way back in one of the fun competitions we had here during the start-up days.

Great that you live on Lake Superior, I just love that song and the rest of Gordo's stuff. Even posted it here on the busking threads a while back playing with Canadian founder member Lavalee. I have to say, I was a newcomer to websites when I signed up here... but you can ask for help anytime and folks will come running. Have a ball!

Chris in Swiss

Hi RODMAN,,welcome from Holland,,I second Chris from the Swiss he is right,,its really kosher here,,you will discover that when you stay here and bring the forum a visit,,oh and you can always skip the offer but its a great cd..

Willem

PS you stole the thread,,you can always make your own introduction thread..

rodman1

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 am

Hello Rodman and welcome from the Netherlands!

You might wanna copie this post to a new introduction thread, since this one is John's and others might not see you introduce yourself here.

I agree with everything you said about the site and Neil Hogan. And this email and password info-thing, well in honest, it has come up before and wasn't trusted, which is logical. The only thing I can say is to create a ticket and explain/ask what is up with that. Other than that, the site is ABSOLUTELY genuine and no bs indeed. There are plenty of members over here who could confirm that too.

In any way, reading your story, you've definitely come to the right place and I'm sure you will have a great time here!

cheers

Vanessa

Edit: Oops, I didn't see the responses by Chris and Willem , well there you have other confirmation and more info about the issue!

rodman1

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:13 am

Well all I can say is ...oops ! So sorry....didn't realize I had hijacked someone else's intro...you can see the mistake was easy to make as the thread topic seemed geared to new members . Anyways full speed ahead and oh....I will pay more attention in future. Rodman

willem

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Aaaah no worries Rodman, it's just that it would be a pity if other members would miss your intro and John will get the notifications of any replies in his inbox while they're meant for you, that's all ;) .

Anyway welcome again! :)

cheers

Vanessa

rodman1 wrote:
Well all I can say is ...oops ! So sorry....didn't realize I had hijacked someone else's intro...you can see the mistake was easy to make as the thread topic seemed geared to new members . Anyways full speed ahead and oh....I will pay more attention in future. Rodman

tacticaltal

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Well, I don't have any information about the Beatles, password thing, but welcome to the forums. I can say that the site isn't BS, and you'll accomplish quite a bit here through the lessons by Neil and the feedback from the members in the forum.

Welcome Aboard.

Terry

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Glad to see you are find your way around... :)

Lavallee

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 am

Welcome from Montreal , Rodman, I hopeyou will enjoy the site. Why don't you post in the busking section your vesion of the Edmund Fitzgerald?

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 am

PS: Just remembered that years ago, a friend of mine used to refer to The Wreck as "Itchy goolies" because of the line..
."...the great lake they call "Gitche Gumee"

I know, the real pronouncination is Gichigami but Gordo has changed all that with hi song.

Sorry, its just the way my mind works on a cold dull day... :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic