Hello Fellow Guitar Playing Friends

wetdog

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi, I just wanted to say Hello! I have been playing acoustic guitar for quite a few years and would probably consider myself an intermediate. I have never been happy with my progress. It seems like I play the same things over and over again and never take it to the next step. I joined the Target program a month ago and have made great progress. I am re-energized and look forward to playing everyday. The program has plenty of different types of music to challenge yourself, at many different levels. The money I spend for a month membership is nothing compared to the satisfaction knowing I am finally over the hump and getting better. Thank you and I wish you all the best!

willem

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Welcome,,I sure know what you mean with that it looks like playing all the time the same things over and over,,,Neil Hogan saw that too and he thought ''why do they teach it that way,,I'm glad he brought this site up with of course TGmatt(he wanted everyday a lesson,I guess),,not that I progress much but it is teaching the right way with teaching blood,, its how much time you go at it,,I have my wishes and 'm patiens,,sometimes you have to wait a long time on a song you want,,but in the mean time I have a lot of fun go through songs/lesson 'cos they all have skills or knowledge in them that you sure can use someday and nail the song you want..

Willem,,,from cloudy Holland (Netherlands)

tombo1230

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Well done wetdog,
you have discovered what we have all discovered. This is the place to take your guitar playing forward.

Congratulations and enjoy! :cheer:

Tom N.

dtaylor

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Welcome, wetdog.
If there's one thing this site has given me it's the passion to play and practice everyday. There are so many styles and techniques you are introduced to that you should never feel bored of playing. That's the real joy for me, I can always find something to play to put a smile on my face.
Dean

michaelzuckerman

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:05 pm

I am also new to TG and have beenj abswolutely loving it. I do have a major question and I don't know how to get it answered so thought I would ask it here and maybe somebody can point me in the right direction. I have been working on Neil's lesson for Suite:Judy Blue Eyes. It is a fairly complicated song with several sections. I have pretty much gotten all of the sections down but nowhere in the lesson does Neil put the entire song together, singing along with the whole thing. It would greatly help me if he (or someone) would do that.
Any ideas on how I can get this message to Neil or where to go to see the entire song sung with his composition? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Michael Zuckerman

michelew

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:43 pm

michaelzuckerman wrote:
I am also new to TG and have beenj abswolutely loving it. I do have a major question and I don't know how to get it answered so thought I would ask it here and maybe somebody can point me in the right direction. I have been working on Neil's lesson for Suite:Judy Blue Eyes. It is a fairly complicated song with several sections. I have pretty much gotten all of the sections down but nowhere in the lesson does Neil put the entire song together, singing along with the whole thing. It would greatly help me if he (or someone) would do that.
Any ideas on how I can get this message to Neil or where to go to see the entire song sung with his composition? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Michael Zuckerman
Michael, welcome to TG from cloudy Sydney.

Regarding your question, I've never tackled the song (frankly its beyond my abilities) but I'm guessing that Neil hasn't included a total play through because part of it is improvised.

But you're in luck and in for a treat, Vanessa has posted a version of the complete song and it's beyond awesome. :) it's definitely one of my favourite TG uploads. Here's the link. Be warned, it looks like a marathon.

https://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/14 ... nessa.html

Enjoy.

Michele

michelew

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 pm

wetdog wrote:
Hi, I just wanted to say Hello! I have been playing acoustic guitar for quite a few years and would probably consider myself an intermediate. I have never been happy with my progress. It seems like I play the same things over and over again and never take it to the next step. I joined the Target program a month ago and have made great progress. I am re-energized and look forward to playing everyday. The program has plenty of different types of music to challenge yourself, at many different levels. The money I spend for a month membership is nothing compared to the satisfaction knowing I am finally over the hump and getting better. Thank you and I wish you all the best!
Hi wetdog (great name - though I'm wondering whether you like to shake your coat at people :) ). You've made a great choice. There's HEAPS to learn here and Neil is a teacher amongst teachers. Upload a video for review and you'll get an even better idea of that.

Have fun.

Michele

tacticaltal

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Hey to both newbies. I had the same occurence as OP as far as playing the same songs and never progressing. It's a matter of getting here (and we've done that), but then we have to stay focused. I often find the Busking section an attractive distraction, and I have to remind myself often that I'm here to learn and practice.

Welcome aboard both.

Terry

Lavallee

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Welcomr from Montreal Canada to the Target program Wetdog, you sure took a good decision. So much to learn from many styles and level. The never ending story.

Marc

dennisg

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 am

Hey Wetdog and welcome from Holland! :)

I'm glad to hear you're feeling inspired and re-energized again!

Don't forget the feature of recording and uploading some of your playing here at TG, it's always great to get feedback from Neil and the community.

Enjoy the ride!

cheers

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic