Hello Fellow Guitar Playing Friends

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 am

Hi Michael, and welcome from Holland! (you might wanna reintroduce yourself in a new thread, since this is Wetdog's thread and then other members won't miss your intro. Just a thought. ;) )

Good to hear you've been absolutely loving the site, which is what I still do since I joined over two years ago. As for your major question, I see that Michele has basically answered it. (Thanks Shel! :P You're sweet!) As far as I can remember I don't think anyone did a play through of this song, but me. And in this upload, I actually skipped a verse each section (except for the last one obviously), because it's such a long song, still a long video though. Still all sections are in there and tied together. Check the review btw, I missed two beats in the intro! :S

Have fun around here and I'd love to see an upload of your take on Suite: Judy Blue Eyes! :) :)

cheers

Vanessa

michelew wrote:
michaelzuckerman wrote:
I am also new to TG and have beenj abswolutely loving it. I do have a major question and I don't know how to get it answered so thought I would ask it here and maybe somebody can point me in the right direction. I have been working on Neil's lesson for Suite:Judy Blue Eyes. It is a fairly complicated song with several sections. I have pretty much gotten all of the sections down but nowhere in the lesson does Neil put the entire song together, singing along with the whole thing. It would greatly help me if he (or someone) would do that.
Any ideas on how I can get this message to Neil or where to go to see the entire song sung with his composition? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Michael Zuckerman
Michael, welcome to TG from cloudy Sydney.

Regarding your question, I've never tackled the song (frankly its beyond my abilities) but I'm guessing that Neil hasn't included a total play through because part of it is improvised.

But you're in luck and in for a treat, Vanessa has posted a version of the complete song and it's beyond awesome. :) it's definitely one of my favourite TG uploads. Here's the link. Be warned, it looks like a marathon.

https://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/14 ... nessa.html

Enjoy.

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:27 am

Welcome Wetdog from an over-cast and cold Switzerland. Great to see you signed up to TARGET so I hope you are sitting somewhere with better weather than here with your guitar in hand right now.
Chris in Swiss

michaelzuckerman

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Thank you so much........... the video is inspiring and I have my work cut out for me......... can you tell me how you found this video so I can find them myself in the future?

As a newbie to this community, I have a lot to learn. In a few minutes, I will introduce mysel on my own thread so that my communications can be separate from Wetdog's. Thanks for the help so far. MZ

familyman4

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Welcome Michael & Wetdag!!!

This site (as you have heard already) is absolutely wonderful. No matter what level you r current skills are, neil can help you improve. Just pay attention, practice and have fun...

Michele, Thanks for sending the uplad of Ness playing Suite Judy Blue Eyes. That was posted way before I was a member and had not see it before. Neil's comments were gone but I can only imagine that he had wonderful feedback. It was a wonderful job on a tough song to sing & play.

Back to work now but have fun everybody!!!!

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic