Personal Introduction

michaelzuckerman

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Greetings everyone - I thought I would introduce myself as I am new to TG. I am a 67 year old retired high school special education teacher and founder of an adaptive ski program (a learn to ski program for people with disabiliites). I have been playing guitar off and on (way more off than on) for forty years. As a gift to myself in retirement I started taking lessons a year and a half ago and found TG in the last couple of weeks. For now, it seems to be the answer to frustrations I have been having with the lesson process. Time will tell............

I play a couple of hours a day and my progress has bene great in the last two years. I hope to really take off now.

On another thread, I asked about finding a complete play through of Suite Judy Blue Eyes and Michelle sent me a link to a Vajnessa video that is wonderful. Can someone tell me how to find video's like Vanessa's so I can answer these questions myself in the future.

Thanks for any info you can provide. MZ

tovo

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey Michael welcome to TG mate. (I'm Australian in case the mate didn't give it away). To answer your question, (I think) if you go to the menu on the left that is titled "Community Features" and go down to "Free Student Reviews" you will find some useful stuff I think. To get full value and access you need to join the Target Program and then you can access the "Target Student Reviews" which is a much bigger source. Hope that helps.

dennisg

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi Michael,

And welcome from Seattle. Have a great time here on TG. I hope it's the answer to whatever's not working for you with private lessons.

tacticaltal

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:59 am

Hey Michael, welcome to TG. It's a wonderful place to learn.

If you have the title to a song, or the artist's name, you can use the search box at the top left right above where it says MASTER MENU. It should give you some information.

Welcome again, and have fun. Maybe upload a song or two? :)

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:15 am

Hey Michael, and again welcome from Holland, great to have you aboard! :)

Very happy for you that your playing is taking off, don't hesitate to share it with us! ;)

Also glad that my video from Suite: Judy Blue Eyes was useful to you. How to find it, well go for example to the Search Forum-button (at the top to the right of your screen). If you would've typed in this particular song, you'd get everything relating to that song. So, it's indeed a search sometimes.

But it's true, you have to become a Target-member (which I would strongly suggest, since Target is the absolute best!!) to view the student uploads directly and Neil's actual reviews. You were able to watch this video because it was a link to youtube where you can find them as well of course.

In any way, don't ever hesitate to ask anything you would want to know, lots of folks do that here, that's why we have a forum and a community. ;)

Happy playing Michael!

cheers

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic